Finally bought 'n' watched Torque...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
I finally picked up the Torque DVD yesterday and watched it. I gotta say that even with low expectations based on the previews I was let down big time. This flick is EASILY ten times worse than Biker Boys! Hell, it's easily worse than The Fast And The Furious! At least they didn't try to drive side by side and FIGHT as they drove!?! I mean, come on!
mad.gif

I think I'm done watchin' bike movies until I actually see some previews and reviews that indicate something closer to realistic and believeable. I'm tired of the fantasy bike movies. I wish I had a dollar for each time I said, "Oh, puhleeeease!" during this turd of a flick!
drooling3.gif

I think I'll refuse to watch any more sport bike movies if there is a scene where sport bikes are ridden on FUGGIN' DIRT, unless it's a result of leavin' a race track... Why oh why can't they make a GOOD sport bike movie?
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086094762 -->

Probably for the same reason they can't make a good movie about the Army! Thanks for the report on Torque, BT! I'm going to get it over here for about $5 to occupy some time.

Anytime I say "Oh, please!" my girlfriend smacks me. Says she can't stand when I say that. So she hits me quite often!

I can't believe something was worse than Biker Boyz! Really that bad, huh?

Well, thanks for sparing me the trouble of renting it...I surely won't be buying it!

Hell, I'd like to just see more about sport bikes in general on TV...they can't get that right, so why would anyone think Hollywood could figure it out?!
tounge.gif

Probably for the same reason they can't make a good movie about the Army!  Thanks for the report on Torque, BT!  I'm going to get it over here for about $5 to occupy some time.  

Anytime I say "Oh, please!" my girlfriend smacks me.  Says she can't stand when I say that.  So she hits me quite often!
Are you abused there BigBS?
rock.gif
wink.gif
By the way, I thought you were gonna hit me up with an e-mail so I could drop ya a bone on the planned paint scheme for Da' Train.
rock.gif

rock.gif

I can't believe something was worse than Biker Boyz!  Really that bad, huh?

Well, thanks for sparing me the trouble of renting it...I surely won't be buying it!  

Hell, I'd like to just see more about sport bikes in general on TV...they can't get that right, so why would anyone think Hollywood could figure it out?!  
tounge.gif
Yeah, it's just so fuggin' fake that it hurts to watch it. A little more reality and a LOT less special f/x and stupid sound bytes would have made it a MUCH better movie. Seems they tried to cash in on the success of all that shid in Fast & Furious. It's like they figured that if a little of it was that big of a hit, a LOT of it should be even better. Maybe for some, but not for me! The worst part of Fast & Furious for me was the fake azz wheelie the black dodge done.
rock.gif
I actually liked seein the stunt drivin' and the cars. Even though I'm not much of an import car fan I still enjoy seein' slick azz, well done rides of most any kind.
wink.gif

Save yer rental fee if you, too, hate all the fake hollywood shid and favor more realistic ridin'/drivin' in yer flicks.
wink.gif

wink.gif

TOTALLY believable! I heard so much negative stuff about it when it first came out I didn't give it a second thought.. thanks for reminding me why I won't be getting it, BT.

did it get better or worse from there
wink.gif
There were worse parts than that. Oh, and what you see of that scene in the previews isn't the worst, most unbelieveable part of that particular scene. It gets even more stupid than jumpin' onto and ridin' on top of a train!
drooling3.gif

Heard the same thing from my friends up here who've seen it.
I prolly won't bother watchin it till it comes out on the movie channels......FREE

TOTALLY believable!  I heard so much negative stuff about it when it first came out I didn't give it a second thought.. thanks for reminding me why I won't be getting it, BT.
Yeah, as I said, save yer money. I had absolutely rather have watched Fast & Furious again than to watch this crap.
rock.gif

Are there any nice customs in there at least Bullet?
Yeah, wait until it's free. It should have been called Torture instead of Torque.
laugh.gif
And no, the bikes weren't anything special. Pretty much just mostly stock bikes with pipes. Nothin' in it tripped my trigger. They even made the turbine powered Y2K look stupid in this movie.
drooling3.gif

Probably for the same reason they can't make a good movie about the Army!  Thanks for the report on Torque, BT!  I'm going to get it over here for about $5 to occupy some time.  

Anytime I say "Oh, please!" my girlfriend smacks me.  Says she can't stand when I say that.  So she hits me quite often!
rock.gif
wink.gif
By the way, I thought you were gonna hit me up with an e-mail so I could drop ya a bone on the planned paint scheme for Da' Train.
rock.gif
I bring it on though. I was going to and I forgot about it trying to get adjusted to things over here. My boss has left and I am now in charge! Things are going to change! I'll hit 'ya up though.

rock.gif

Are there any nice customs in there at least Bullet?
Yeah, wait until it's free. It should have been called Torture instead of Torque.
laugh.gif
And no, the bikes weren't anything special. Pretty much just mostly stock bikes with pipes. Nothin' in it tripped my trigger. They even made the turbine powered Y2K look stupid in this movie.
drooling3.gif
That was the only thing that made Biker boyz bareable........a few half decent looking bikes.......not even any customs in this one........it must suck!!!

The thing I find sort of offensive about these movies is the fact that there are non riders out there that actually believe the cr*p. They think "wow I need a bike then I will be able to impress my friends by stunt riding it on a train." Next thing you know some idiot, that shouldn't be allowed to ride a tricycle without adult supervision, is riding down the sidewalk at 75 to avoid traffic thinking it is all good. Hell why not, nobody ever gets hurt on these things anyway....right?

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086103209 -->

rock.gif
wink.gif
rock.gif
I bring it on though.  I was going to and I forgot about it trying to get adjusted to things over here.  My boss has left and I am now in charge!  Things are going to change!  I'll hit 'ya up though.
You've got a reply mail, BigBS.
wink.gif
That's TOP SECRET stuff in there though. Not as much as a hint to anyone! :DHit me back with a mail and let me know what you think.
rock.gif

rock.gif

wink.gif

rock.gif

The thing I find sort of offensive about these movies is the fact that there are non riders out there that actually believe the cr*p. They think "wow I need a bike then I will be able to impress my friends by stunt riding it on a train." Next thing you know some idiot, that shouldn't be allowed to ride a tricycle without adult supervision, is riding down the sidewalk at 75 to avoid traffic thinking it is all good. Hell why not, nobody ever gets hurt on these things anyway....right?
Yeah, I wonder how many squids will die in "stoppie fights" like the one in this stinkin' flick?
laugh.gif

Back