Finally bought 'n' watched Torque...

I liked about 75% of Torque and ~90% of Biker Boyz. At least Biker Boyz was really occuring (not fabricated or computer animation)just real riders and some wicked stunt scenes man. Yeah I know the dirt road race was horrible, and the 3 second head start was horrible, but again real stunt riders whether at 25mph or 125mph. I watch the DVD over and over just to watch the "Biker Boyz" make their grand entrance 3 bikes up on one 2 ATVs up on one and all into a stoppie. I'll also add that that entire cast owned sport bikes too. Watched the special before the release and the extras on the DVD.

I've made my point about Torque, man that movie is for those that know nothing at all about bikes so they'll be impressed. Personally, I agree they should quit making biker movies unless the producer, writer and all supporting cast do the actual riding
biggrin.gif
That's about as real as it gets.

BD

I step framed thru the whole endign race to see MORE of the y2k and noticed that some of the cars and backgrounds were not finished. They didn't put texture on alot of it and it really would have helped. Hopefully, producers read about how much we loved the twistie action and make something more along THOSE lines.

I step framed thru the whole endign race to see MORE of the y2k and noticed that some of the cars and backgrounds were not finished.  They didn't put texture on alot of it and it really would have helped.    Hopefully, producers read about how much we loved the twistie action and make something more along THOSE lines.
Yeah, I gotta say, the part early on when they were rippin' the twisties was "OK", but not great. It WAS the only part that had any redeeming value at all though. They still rode like idiots most of the time, swerving from side to side for "effect" and not bein' smooth at all. That one guy was about to fall off the bike tryin' to drag a knee with the bike barely leaned. See, even the best parts of the movie had to be fugged by the stupid hollywood shid.
mad.gif

The ridin' vids by NickSlick and crew are better because they're *REAL*. Lots of the videos on uponone.com are better, too (except in video quality). If these hollywood folks make a real twisty rippin' movie that had lots of live, *REAL* mountain action on sweet street bikes I'd buy two fuggin' copies to support it! I'd also see it at the theater as least once and hit it up on pay per view. I'd help give'em a paycheck for doin' somethin' worth watchin'!
wink.gif

Hey BigBS and the rest of you guys....
I only know what you go thru too well
laugh.gif
Every single time, I point out the ridiculous flaws my girl smacks/nudges (but she calls it "love taps") me and tells me not to spoil the movie.....
You guys are talking about having seen the movie...my dumb azz bought the freakin' thing!
sad.gif
And you guys are absolutely right, there will be some jack azz that will make it on the "Darwin" list because he/she saw it on the movie and had to try it.....

havent we all discussed this already
rock.gif
and by thw ay i am still waitng for an action bike movie that doesnt have sportbikes riding in dirt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

havent we all discussed this already
rock.gif
and by thw ay i am still waitng for an action bike movie that doesnt have sportbikes riding in dirt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Prolly, but I didn't follow any of the other threads about the movie. I hate to have the movie spoiled by others who tell everything that happens in the movie before I see it so I skipped the previous threads.
wink.gif
Looks like there was very little anyone could have done to ruin this piece of shid for me though.
drooling3.gif
biggrin.gif

Back