Monday Night Movie:

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
just came in! VANISHING POINT DVD from 1971 - back when REAL cars were REALLY DRIVEN, LIVE STUNTS, no computer crap - cross country chase, one of, if not THE legend movie that started it all. Pizza is ordered, pop is chilled, dim the lights!

VANISHING POINT
chase-vp-challenger-jag.jpg

139281.jpg

OOPS! a few seconds of NWS, partial nudity!

Last edited by a moderator:
SWEET Standard chase flick! Lot more 70's naked boobies than the TV version though.

Plot: Hustler bets buddy he can transport a car from Denver to San Francisco in 15 hours.

That's it! The rest is driving, jumping, cop chasin', stuntin, open road speedin' action. GREAT "Way back Machine" with huge shots of undeveloped america and the freedom of speeding down the back roads. Lots of bumper cam, cycle chases and crashes, helicopter chases. Best part to me was NONE of the film was speed up as told by cross winds seen on trees and grass... all speeding was ACTUAL speeding. Aaaahhhh, so refreshing

NO CGI! Thank you, lord!

I can't recommend it for family viewing or interesting plot, but it is a great escape joining this looser/hero on his cross country run to escape his tragic memories.
IMG_4613.jpg

I own it on DVD. As a Mopar enthusiast, I love that when this movie was made, and E-body Mopars were available new instead of being rare, they chose to destroy a Camaro instead of a Challenger (though it's obvious that at least one Challenger used in filming was beat up pretty badly).

It seems that any Mopar on film HAS to be destroyed. It makes me cry sometimes.

Karl

hahahahhaha! Are you saying the big crash was a Camero? I guess I didn't notice. I did read they used like 6 Challengers and pretty much destroyed them all. Par for hollywood. I wish there were more movies like this one. Fast and Furious kinda opened the gerne again, but it had TOO much plot and not enough car action and scenery compared to this old school stuff

aahhhhh REAL driving and stunts....

I've seen the challenger used in the movie, its in a car museum in TN still has all the dirt on it from the end of the movie. Kudos!
beerchug.gif

Back