TORQUE movie out on DVD!!!

u just gotta take them for what they are entertainment... neither movie was realistic.. but i usually watch them with my son (7) we have a good time watching them together. any movie with bikes.
i just cover his eyes when the eye candy comes on the screne

I thought Biker Boyz was O.K....
blush.gif

Yep, I would have to agree with the masses.  The first 10-15 minutes of the movie were the best.  I did enjoy the ariel shots of the road thrashing in the desert.  It makes me miss mine, even tho a busa is not made for that type of riding.  The biggest flaw I have about the movie was the riding thru the construction zones and hitting those road signs with the bike and there head.  Everyone knows what it is like to be hit by a bug running flat out, but a board.  I just wanted to throw my kids popcorn at the screen and shout B*llsh*t but luckly my little angel on my shoulder kept me from doing that.  I did buy it however, and he wants to watch it again.

I just saw this movie on DVD. Not only was it the worst biker movie I've ever seen, it may just be the worst movie I've ever seen, period.

I'm still waiting for "Sillywood" or some independant to make a biker movie for people who actually ride, not the posers who feature in "Torque" and "Biker Boyz". These kinds of movies do nothing to promote real motorcycling.

If you want to see some real riding get one of Nick Slick's DVDs (http://www.nickslick.com/) or just check out the movies streamed from his site. Hayabusa's and Gixxers being ridden by real enthusiats wearing the right gear and showing how it should be done. Maybe we just need more of that kind of "Reality TV".

Movies not too bad if ya take out the desert chase scene, the 180 degree stoppie on a palm tree, the wheelie joust b/t the 2 chics and the nitrous harley chase through downtown at 180mph.  Other than that wasn't toooooo bad.  I may buy the DVD just for the collection.
I have actually seen a video of a guy doing a 180 stoppie, just not against a tree and not in the dirt. The stoppie is possible though, I'll try to find the vid i seen it in.

I own Torque, Biker Boys, Faster, Easy Rider on dvd. For the exception of one movie listed (Faster-Documentory) they weren't to bad. I heard alot of people who ride critize them and compare them to real world riding for some reason. I go to the movies to watch a movie and I expecting to see crazy, and out landish special effects.

I especially liked in TQ when Ice Cube's cell phone started ringing so he just slapped his chatterbox against his face and started talking through his helmet.........coooooool

Wish my chatterbox worked like that.
Errrrrr.

Biker boyz left a bad taste in my mouth.

I know that it's supposed to be a movie and entertaining and all, but geez....there has to be at least some realism in it.

I dunno bout Torque...I wanna watch it to see the bikes and all, but I'm dog-tired of lousy-ass story lines.

Well, I just watched it again the other night and I must say, it keeps growing on me. And the crappy ending part FEELS shorter and shorter so it gets even better. I enjoyed the professional photography, lighting, camera angles, close ups of bikes, the stunts, even the creative process to come up with the direction. Top notch, hollywood, brainless entertainment. Nuttin wrong with that.
smile.gif

Back