Torn

PB1

Formerly Rosung Petty
Registered
So let's face it the Busa is not traditionally used as a touring machine. Well see picture of my iron set to ride suited up. When I meet with the group I get the jokes thrown my way as if you can only ride with nothing on it.

I enjoy touring more than speed but don't want to trade my bike in for a HD. So I guess I am asking for opinions as to what I.should do.

I know with this being a Busa forum that we are bias but I would like some honest opinions.

PB1

uploadfromtaptalk1319502581501.jpg

Live your life and ride your ride :thumbs: You're doing good and you'll find that you're not the only one who feels that way. Have some faith in what you ride. Took me three bikes after my 07 Busa was stolen to realize that I belong on one. Went from a 06 R1, then the new 2010 Z1000, then recently a new 11 R1. Sold that one within a month and back on my 05 Busa. Thats just me and my opinion though. You gotta find what fits you and only you will know it. But when you do- You will have a smile like the Enzyte guy. Sorry- didn't have any pics of the latest R1, it was oogly!

100_2937.jpg

0301111257_01.jpg

0417111159.jpg

10031119231.jpg

I enjoy touring more than speed but don't want to trade my bike in for a HD. So I guess I am asking for opinions as to what I.should do.

There are options in middle, that are more touring than a Busa, but more sporty than a HD. FJR1300 comes to mind.

So let's face it the Busa is not traditionally used as a touring machine. Well see picture of my iron set to ride suited up. When I meet with the group I get the jokes thrown my way as if you can only ride with nothing on it.

I know with this being a Busa forum that we are bias but I would like some honest opinions.

PB1

Look around a little before you say its traditionally not a touring bike.. MANY folks here tour all over the country on theirs... Myself included..

The Busa can be set up as a fantastic touring bike. I know some people who've ridden around the entire Australian continent on their Busas.

OP, if you trade your bike for a Harley you'll regret it forever. Especially when you're broken down on the side of the road, in the rain, in the middle of nowhere.

ALCON, I know I would regret giving up my girl(the Busa). So I guess say screw and ride hard huh!!!

PB1

I'm looking at getting a set of saddle bags for mine so I can take longer trips too. who cares what anyone else says your the one riding it so just enjoy.just realize those giving you trouble are just jealous of the awsomness that is the Busa and all who ride one :laugh:

I love my busa for touring. Most people change the seat and add risiers to the bars.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Look around a little before you say its traditionally not a touring bike.. MANY folks here tour all over the country on theirs... Myself included..

+1

I did a round-trip tour of the Gulf Coast region on my Busa earlier this year, but a few others have done much longer rides on their's. Here's a picture of my bike in touring mode. Clicky Here...

I could get away with about half that much luggage, but it's nice to have options. The Busa does many jobs well if you give it the proper tools.

I'm still brainstorming for next year's trip. Up the East Coast maybe...

There are plenty of Busa touring machines here, and when you ride your ride the only opinion that matters is yours. :poke:

The busa make a great touring machine. It's also alot more fun to ride when the roads get twisty than the traditional tourers.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321040749.987019.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321040799.493898.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321040825.953442.jpg

With the Busa, I can drop back to get video of the slowest and catch up to get the fast ones at will. If you are board this can kill an hour. It's even better for the insomniacs out there. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't compromise So I turned my BUSA into a Sport Tour, I have ridden a Concours and FJR and I didnt like either one.

touringbusa.jpg

Back