Tore the punisher apart!!!

Well, fastnotch and I are going to Toledo tomorow to meet a guy to buy a turbo, bov, boost controller, and some plumbing from. I gotta get a header built, and a plentum too. I'm gonna cut up a stock header and make my own, and will do the same with the plentum. I'll take pics as I go through the build, this should be some fun. I'm enlisting the help of one of my good friends who is an awesome fabricator!

Oh, as for the arm, I'm cutting up 2 stock arms and making one thats 10" extended. I'm gonna chop the box off, and am looking into maybe underbracing it too.

I picked up the arms today, and will be cutting them up later this weekend. I'll take pics of the cuts made, and a rough estimate in how much i end up having in it too. Betcha it's well under $200!:whistle:

ill keep following this project. I cant wait to see how it turns out. Im assuming you are a welder by trade. Ive seen homemade swingarms crack before because of faulty welding.

ill keep following this project. I cant wait to see how it turns out. Im assuming you are a welder by trade. Ive seen homemade swingarms crack before because of faulty welding.

Well after doing the whole measure twice cut once thing, I figured out that the arms gonna be 8" over. Thats about perfect though, the tails 8 over too. I am a welder by trade, but I'm having my buddy that works at a local fab shop tig it all up for me. If I can get a great price on some tubing, I'm gonna underbrace it too. I picked up a stock painter tail yesterday from fastnotch2002, gonna start cutting the 2 tails up to make 1 extended with the solo cowl/seat provisions...

Pics of the arm, beginning to middle process. Hope it to be finished before the weekend, decided on doing underbracing while we were at it...

All chopped up and ready to weld
swingarm1.jpg

Box plate ready
swingarm3.jpg

Halfway there
swingarm4.jpg

Just so you know, your old chrome 4"over swingarm is chrome no longer. I had a friend fix that dent and strip it and it's all at the powdercoaters right now. Thanks for the great deal and your project is looking awesome also!

Just so you know, your old chrome 4"over swingarm is chrome no longer. I had a friend fix that dent and strip it and it's all at the powdercoaters right now. Thanks for the great deal and your project is looking awesome also!

Nice, went black huh. I'm gonna polish this out along with the frame when I get the arm back. I already have the polished wheels from my 02 1k that are goin on this as soon as it's ready. Then it's turbo time...

Black everything for me, except the plastics....Polished look, sounds great. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Can't wait to see the numbers you get from the dyno on that poo-boy setup! Got a time line on when you want to have everything done and the bike back on the road?

Well I hope to have it all done no later than july/august. Mid Ohio is around that time, and I want it there for sure, as well as my revamped 1k too!

I'll have pics of the arm tomorow, it's done and ready to be picked up... I'm really stoked about this one lol...

I'm slooow on the pics, but the arm is blacked out, front rim is mounted, and rear brake hanger is getting milled today, arms going on and wheel is getting mounted... I promise pics tonight!

I'm a **** lol, I have the rear done, with a home made brake bar eliminator and all. I will be buttoning up the front end today, and hopefully be firing it in the next day or two. I have to hold off on the turbo for right now, too many irons in the fire. So I used a stock header and built my own 3 1/2 in slash cut duals for it, and yes they are baffled lol. I'll get pics of it as soon as I get the frame blacked out, it's gonna be all black with a little bling here and there...

I'm a **** lol, I have the rear done, with a home made brake bar eliminator and all. I will be buttoning up the front end today, and hopefully be firing it in the next day or two. I have to hold off on the turbo for right now, too many irons in the fire. So I used a stock header and built my own 3 1/2 in slash cut duals for it, and yes they are baffled lol. I'll get pics of it as soon as I get the frame blacked out, it's gonna be all black with a little bling here and there...

And we'll need video of the new exhaust running....:whistle::thumbsup:

Well I'll try to get it fired and shoot a vid by the weekend, for some reason when I get to working I never take a minute to pick up a camera lol...

I promise I'll get em, been alot goin on with 3 bikes coming together and squeezing my car in there too. The wheels were a cinch, they pretty much swapped directly with the exception on milling the rear brake hanger. I even made a homemade brake bar eliminator. I'll try to get it rolled out and snap some pics, I have like no room in my garage from building materials...

Back