Well the bike is still apart and now even further

jmaz268

Killin' is my business, a
Donating Member
Registered
Well me and Qarnag met up yesterday and I took him over to to Wayne at Urgent Care Auto Body. He is gonna give him a pretty good deal of 450 to paint the entire bike and fix his fairing. I sat and looked through some paint books for awhile and Yes I am gonna go through another color change. I decided on the Subaru WRX Blue but after getting home I started thinking SHITTE, none of my gear will match anymore...So it is gonna back to black w/ red flake in it. Took the bike apart last night and dropped it of first thing this morning. He said it would be a week, but the way he works is "It will be a week"---translated 3-4 days. So hopefully he busts his Arse even more and I have it this weekend. I will definately post some better pics*
biggrin.gif

Just an update on the Sprocket thing. I'm pissed.
Sent an email on Monday asking what the status was.
She replied saying she just checked the tracking number and she said it would be delivered on Monday.
I was pumped up!!
Waited til about 7pm....No sprocket.
I was a little perturbed
Tuesday..Emailed again...No response
Upset now
Tuesday night...No sprocket
pissed now.
If it does't come today. Someone is getting a phone call tommorrow

On a more positive note received the 1" aluminum for the no drill frame sliders.

AWW I feel a little better....released some tension.

John

Get the tracking number from her and track it on line. You'll at least be able to see if it's in transit.

Have fun!

--Wag--

Yeah she was very hesitant to say at the least about giving me the tracking number.....Actually she didn't.....But she finally emailed me back a couple of times and said that it had been delivered at the front desk to a guy named king.I was like WTF....Sorry but my house doesn't have a front desk, and although I am the king of my household, or at least I am when the little lady ain't around
biggrin.gif
, I have no idea who the hell she is talking about.

So I emailed her back and was very blunt about me being upset and she replied within minutes saying there was a screwup with UPS and that they were overnighting me another and it be at my house by 10AM....She also said that they were no longer worried about receiving the wrong sprocket back and to do whatever I would like with it...i.e. Sell it, Pitch it Bury it whatever......So if any of you guys need a 17t Sprocket Spec. I have one pay the shipping and its yours.

So now I am gonna see what happens in the morning. Hopefully it shows, but I am not gonna hold me breathe.

Could everybody say a prayer for me and my poor lost sprocket before you go to bed
biggrin.gif

John

biggrin.gif

On a more positive note received the 1" aluminum for the no drill frame sliders.  
Could you tell me some more about the no drill flame sliders. I have a set I bought when I bought my Busa, but I am not crazy about having to drill the plastic. Everything I have read about other no drill sliders has been negative. What makes the ones you have any better? Please help!

Well for one the bracket is strong as hell and I will demonstarte this by laying the bike over on its side without the plastic of course
biggrin.gif
, just in case...don't wanna screw up my fresh paint job.....anyways I will lay it over and stand on the bike and take a pic to prove it.

1.Cheaper
2.stronger
3.choice of what materials, to include Stainless, delrin and 6061 alum

Just curious as to where you read the negative experiences with no drill frame sliders.

John

Back