top speed?

I have seen 160 mph on mine.... The wind blast is bad and you can't keep it there long.. If I wanted to go faster I would pull out my Busa...

If you were at 165 indicated, you were actually at about 158 or so...but to me anything over 120 is too fast...lol. It's too hard to hang on. :rofl:

Yep, 156 is all I've seen and with RPM's remaining, but like others, the wind pressure is tough to fight. If we can get a custom windscreen to tuck behind, there are a bunch of us that will try to get more out of the bike. I'd heard too that the engine had a "governor" on the top end. Guess I have not "run into that wall" yet. But better to run into that wall, instead of a real one.
Safe riding to all and have fun going fast.
Ron

I had mine on a dyno and it hit the limit @ 155 in 6th. That worked out to 159 hp.
From what I have been told a TRE will kill that but the gear indicator will allways read 5th.

The B-king will run faster in 4th gear than it will in 5th or 6th because the limiter is just on it in 5th and 6th, I had mine showing 163 in 4th and shifted to 5th and its like it bogged down i guess because of the limiter. The first time we dynoed it, it went 148.73 max power and 154.38 max speed that was with about 2,000 miles on it. Then i put a ivens TRE on it and dynoed it again at 5,300 miles and it showed 155.94 max power and 193.32 max speed it is all stock except for the TRE. I figure the gain in horsepower came from having more miles and the rings being seated up better. Needless to say i was alot happier after the 2nd time we dynoed it. And with the ivans TRE it shows 4th gear all the time, I guess the TRE fools it into thinking its in 4th since it is not limited in 1st to 4th just 5th and 6th.

Also awesome site i am glide i found it:thumbsup:

I had mine on a dyno and it hit the limit @ 155 in 6th. That worked out to 159 hp.
From what I have been told a TRE will kill that but the gear indicator will allways read 5th.

theres a tre that is sold by one of our sponsors (think it was smith) that unrestrics your bike and has a switch so you can go back to stock indication when you dont need the excessive speed. best part is its plug and play for $25

theres a tre that is sold by one of our sponsors (think it was smith) that unrestrics your bike and has a switch so you can go back to stock indication when you dont need the excessive speed. best part is its plug and play for $25

sorry, its not really a tre, it does about the same thing though.

I had mine maxed and it read 168 and I could feal the limiter pulling fuel and probably timing, and it sucked at that speed felt like I was riding a missile, no fun at all, but the 40mph to 140 pulls are AWESOME.

I had mine maxed and it read 168 and I could feal the limiter pulling fuel and probably timing, and it sucked at that speed felt like I was riding a missile, no fun at all, but the 40mph to 140 pulls are AWESOME.

Yep, 168 indicated is probably the top end of the map, close to 150-55 in reality. Which is fast enough for me. :thumbsup:

have you guys heard of the speed o healer? i'm going to get a power commander this winter an xtre and i'm thinking about the speed o healer, what do you guys think?

I used Yellow Box and it made a big difference, the stock speedo was way off. Used the instructions to calibrate it using mile markers and then when I had the bike tuned for the PCIII, Tuskigi pipe & air box mod verified that it was correct. I think it is a must have so when the cop asks me if I knew how fast I was going I can truthfully say I know exactly how fast I was going! :rofl:

Last edited:
Back