Top Speed?

Have managed to hit an indicated reading of 185 twice this past holiday weekend.Had intentions of breaking into the 200(ind.),but the conditions never presented themselves(traffic,road debris or conditions)
B21

320 on speedo racing one zx7r, 2 R1s and a CBR900. They all topped out at 290 on thier dials and luckily they left the middle lane free so in I slipped at 320kph. (PROUDEST DAY OF MY LIFE) :)

205 mph indicatd/10500 rpm. bike pulled well to that point and seemed to have maxed. If I held it open for a few more seconds it might of gained a little, need more road.

Sorry fellas, Turbo Rick wins...
his is official, radar-verified, SCTA Record.

Mine (totally unofficial, not to mention illegal) was spot-on 200 indicated, still pulling, started catching up to traffic. I'll call it around 180 actual. I think it has 10 mph left, but need a LONG empty piece of road, to get that last 10.

[This message has been edited by Mr Bear (edited 08 July 2000).]

I REALY WANT THE PERIMETER BRAKING SET UP W THE MARCHESINIS BUT IT'LL HAVE TO WAIT.GLAD I WEIGH ONLY 160 W FULL LEATHERS AND HELMET.I'LL JUST GO TO DUNLOP HH PADS FOR NOW THEY HELPED ALOT ON THE 99.I JUST GOT MY 18 TOOTH FRONT AND 38 TOOTH REAR SPPROCKET.MY OVERDRIVE GEARS SHOULD BE HERE SOON AND MY KIT IS ON ITS WAY NOW.DAMN SWEDES LIVE TO FAR AWAY.

[This message has been edited by MOTORHEAD (edited 09 July 2000).]

184 then it started to pull the bars out of my hands and backed out. It still had more left!!!!

I was soaring on the wings of hell.

Bird of Prey

After reading all your responses I decided to take my bike to a "top speed" and let me start by saying -----you guys either have some big balls are small brains. I went out with a friend on a 996 super hawk and just hit it. I manged to get to 170 but I bitc*** out and let off the throttle. I have never been that fast before in ANYTHING. wish I had more room, but in San Francisco there aren't to many straight aways. Ill try again later.

I just want to know if the scenery on the sides of the road gives you all that same Science Fiction visual effect that was on every Star Trek episode when the Enterprise went into warp mode.
First time I experienced it, it made me laugh, and I nearly got my head ripped off in the slipstream.

Back