Top End Eliminators

mptheman

Registered
Can someone help me? I'm a new user on this forum, and this subject has probably been discussed, but for those late (like me).....

I have my 2002 Busa, with Yoshi slipons, and the rest stock. I want to remove the top end limit of 184mph. I've seen the TRE, but even the mfr. states "will not remove top end limiter on 2002 and later models"

What the heck do I do....anyone?

Please reply, and if you can, email me at mitch@itprosource.net

Thanks ahead of time!!!

Welcome to the board. There are a lot of people here that have done this and will help you soon.
Jim

Can someone help me?  I'm a new user on this forum, and this subject has probably been discussed, but for those late (like me).....

I have my 2002 Busa, with Yoshi slipons, and the rest stock.  I want to remove the top end limit of 184mph.  I've seen the TRE, but even the mfr. states "will not remove top end limiter on 2002 and later models"

What the heck do I do....anyone?

Please reply, and if you can, email me at mitch@itprosource.net

Thanks ahead of time!!!
Just to let you know, the Ivan's TRE worked on my 2002 Hayabusa to remove the top end limiter. This was proven by GPS at 193mph on a 100% stock 02 busa.

I have a TRE for sale if you are interested.

Chris

J products $27 shipped to your door (complete with switch to turn on/off..........http://www.pro-libertate.com/gsxr1000/J-paypal.html

click on JSD1 $25

I have an 02 and top limiter is gooooooooooooone!!!!!

Very easy to install, you have to lift up your gas tank and seperate one electrical quick clip and plug this inbetween the connection you unplugged. Directions come with it and they are in color............Good Luck.........gjklm

I've had my BUSA topped out 9800rpm in sixth without fail! where is this limiter? I have a 2002 all black one, and have never experienced a top speed limiter!

On my 02 Busa you don't top out until 11,000 rpm . And the ivan TRE does work .

I've had my BUSA topped out 9800rpm in sixth without fail! where is this limiter? I have a 2002 all black one, and have never experienced a top speed limiter!
BOOTS,

That is the limiter kicking in!

It will pull all the way to RED-Line when the limiter is removed!

I have a 03 Special Edition and the TRE works fine!

Josh
blues.gif

I have said this a million times but most people do not believe it. Worry about it once you hit a true GPS 184mph which would be 196mph on your speedo. Most get to caught up in eliminating something they may never see.
wow.gif

Yes the top end limiter is removed with a TRE on 03' models. Do a search from the link above and you will find plenty of info on this. I have an Active TRE and it does remove it. I agree with ninja eater, do you actually need it?
smile.gif

OOOps

True toping out would be about 10,850rpm

Remember you can not go by the Speedo it is 7% off. 200mph is 186mph for real.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1071590633 -->

OOOps

True toping out would be about 10,850rpm

Remember you can not go by the Speedo it is 7% off.  200mph is 186mph for real.

WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE SPEEDO?

BOOTS,

He is just trying to explain that a lot of people get caught up in what the speedo gauge reads and don't even realize that they aren't maxed out yet. So your 9,800 RPM in sixth wasn't topped out!

Going by the RPM and not the speedo, true top speed is 10,850 RPM! My factory tach is off so I see 11,200 when maxed out in sixth with the wind blowing just right.
super.gif

It seems like a life time when the speedo gauge tops out and then waiting/watching the tach max out!
wow.gif
bowdown.gif

Josh
blues.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1071822880 -->

BOOTS,

He is just trying to explain that a lot of people get caught up in what the speedo gauge reads and don't even realize that they aren't maxed out yet.  So your 9,800 RPM in sixth wasn't topped out!

Going by the RPM and not the speedo, true top speed is 10,850 RPM!  My factory tach is off so I see 11,200 when maxed out in sixth with the wind blowing just right.
super.gif

It seems like a life time when the speedo gauge tops out and then waiting/watching the tach max out!
wow.gif
bowdown.gif

Josh
blues.gif
Glad to see you got my point....
biggrin.gif

ivan now has a "smart tre" which will eliminate the issues with idle and such....$105 from his web site....it will be my next and FINAL mod (grin)

Back