GOOD NEWS FOR 2003 OWNERS

busacharged

Registered
Installed Ivans tre on my 2003 busa today, wow is all I can say, bottom end on /off throttle jerkiness is eliminated smooth strong power, no place to hit 190 yet, but maybe soon. This also is working with a pc3r and a yosh duplex tri-oval. Ive got the 2002 tre. So go get one and enjoy it , well worth the 70 bucks.

I have almost the exact same up before the tre. What are you using for a map? Any air filter changes?.........
muscle.gif

Im using the yosh duplex full system map its # is m312-012 it can be downloaded from powercommander.com . Im running the stock filter right now, I will probably get a bmc or k&n, I like the bottom end torque so I will leave the airbox alone, but I may seal the connections between the frame/airbox , frame/intakes later on to improve the ram effect. Who knows by the fall I may turbo this thing.

AGAIN, this is the same as the resistor TRE mod, will save you 70 bucks. On Ivans own website it says the limiter is only removed on 01 models, so you wont get to 190.

AGAIN, this is the same as the resistor TRE mod, will save you 70 bucks. On Ivans own website it says the limiter is only removed on 01 models, so you wont get to 190.
Yeah Odyssey, but there was some literature found somewhere on this site (before the Dec. crash) where the TRE was tested on the 2002 model and it was found to have eliminated the top-end restriction. Don't know if that got lost in the crash, but I do remember reading it. It was the only reason that I purchased one.

Brian

(reposted/copied from another TRE thread)

1. Yes, the resistor hack is cheaper, but I'll pay the extra $$$ for a *clean* plug-in device so that when/if I go to resell it later, I don't have a homemade hack in my wiring harness to piss off a potential buyer. If you're dead-set on making your own, more power to ya, but at least put the extra effort into finding/buying the necessary plugs rather than chop up your wiring harness....eesh...

2. The Ivan TRE's are a bit cheaper at indysuperbikes.com than they are at hayabusazone.com (and this site claims it works for the 03 as well)

Your mileage may vary. And to those who asked, the TRE (a.k.a. resistor pack) simply fools the ECM into thinking that you're still in 5th gear, and Ivan's claim is that the speed limiter only kicks in while in 6th gear. Since your ECM thinks you never go into 6th, it doesn't kick in (according to them).

***NOW*** If I'm at Suzuki and I see this simple "hack" come out, you can bet that I'll more-than-likely look at an ECM logic rewrite next time I change/re-order the ECM for my next production run. From what some folks are posting, that may have happened with the '03 production year. It wouldn't take a HUGE logic re-write to tell the ECM to watch not just 6th but rather ALL gears (because if you leave any gear open, they'll just make new TRE hacks to exploit the remaining ones!)

I'm still waiting for someone to come here and post a true testimony saying "Yes, I have an 03, I installed a TRE, and yes, I exceeded the 186 cutoff." Until that happens or a Suzuki engineer or ECM supplier comes online, nobody knows for 100% sure... Just because the TRE cleans up 1st and 2nd in terms of throttle response does NOT automatically mean that the ECM is still being "tricked" to get past the limiter...

I have not seen or heard of anyone eliminating the restrictions on a 03' yet.

Okay then, it sounds to ME like I should be seeking out all the wrecked 99 through 01 Busas I can get my mits on and buy the ECM's out of them. I could probably make a pretty penny reselling them...especially if they eventually further lower the speed to automotive limits...

Okay then, it sounds to ME like I should be seeking out all the wrecked 99 through 01 Busas I can get my mits on and buy the ECM's out of them.  I could probably make a pretty penny reselling them...especially if they eventually further lower the speed to automotive limits...
If you do you could have a lot of ECU's on your hands. They are not compatable with the neer ones. 99 & 2000 maybe 99 does not work in an 01' 01 does not work in an 02. I know lots of builders that have fooled around with this one, I do not think they were successful. Do some additional research before you go buying those ECU's
biggrin.gif
I could be wrong.

Well I wanted to respond to this thread since I have a 02 busa and the TRE did not remove the limiter from my bike, so after my failed top speed run I installed a set of gauge faces that read 220MPH and installed a yellowbox that Chuck @street and track sold me. After installing it I put it on a dyno to calibrate the speedo "and if memory serves, it was set 19.5% slower" Oh well you can figure out the rest 185 on the speedo but it see's 149. Back out on the road and it went over 190 indicated and it was calibrated.

It is not the limiter but the speed restriction. If you have a 2002 Bysa that goes over 190mph calibrated you have one of the few that can do it. So either your calculations are off or congratulations.
biggrin.gif

(reposted/copied from another TRE thread)

I'm still waiting for someone to come here and post a true testimony saying "Yes, I have an 03, I installed a TRE, and yes, I exceeded the 186 cutoff."  Until that happens or a Suzuki engineer or ECM supplier comes online, nobody knows for 100% sure...  Just because the TRE cleans up 1st and 2nd in terms of throttle response does NOT automatically mean that the ECM is still being "tricked" to get past the limiter...
I have a 2003 with the basic mods...TRE, Micron full Ti, air filter. I only have had the bike for about 2 months now, and only did one top end run. All I can say is WOW, the speedo was pinned at the 185 mph and felt like it was still accelerating. However the GPS stated a top speed of 182 mph. When does the computer know when to limit the speed? If it was supposed to limit it at the speedo 186 mark, and with the mph error, gps would not have stated 182 mph. Who knows maybe I was doing something wrong:;):

Merc

Back