Top End Eliminators...again!

mptheman

Registered
Sorry to start this one again, but I have read many posts, and the majority says the TRE's DO NOT fix the top end issue, and they make the bike ride different, so the G_Pack sounds like a winner. Is this true? What is the G-Pack and where do I buy one? Thanks ahead of time!

nope not true. TRE does undo top end restricter. TRE smothes out lower gears by tricking ECU to thinking it's in 5th gear all the time. So even in neutral it burns as if in 5th.

GET an 'ATRE'. It's programmable for each gear leaving neutral alone. Best out there.

ICE

So what is the difference between a TRE (or ATRE) and a Power commander like the PCIIIr? Are they both benifitial or just redundant? What kind of effect does each individually or both together have?

nope not true.  TRE does undo top end restricter.  TRE smothes out lower gears by tricking ECU to thinking it's in 5th gear all the time.  So even in neutral it burns as if in 5th.  

GET an 'ATRE'.  It's programmable for each gear leaving neutral alone.  Best out there.  

ICE
Hey ICEMANN,

I really hate to differ with you on the A-TRE. From the report written on the A-TRE webpage, it does not undo the top end, especially on the 2002 Busas. Again, this is not from experience, but from the front page of the A-TRE webpage. I'll post a copy of the literature once I find it again.

Brian

Well if nothing else........my buddy says it got rid of the stumble and stutter in lower gears at lower RPM's.

My advice spend $.50 on a 6.8k ohm resistor, download the wiring instructions off one of the threads. This will do the same as a TRE or ATRE depending on how you set it up. Several of the guys on the board can give you their input on how well this mod works. Or you can read the thread about about. but for $2 counting the switch if you want it switchable, you now overcome the problem.

I made my own with switch and connectors and an enclosure and even a green LED up on the fairing just below the gauge cluster. It lights up when the TRE is engauged and off in stock mode. It is overkill and cost a few more bucks because I made circuit boards too. Hollywood definitely.

It works great. The low end power is crisper. No stuttering or throttle lag. It doesn't make much more power but it gives it to you when you want it. Idle is different. It runs faster than stock until you pull in the clutch and then it drops about 600RPM. Haven't checked the speed limiter.......yet.
kickass.gif

The first thing you notice is the sound is different. The exhaust crackles instead of purrs. When you crack the throttle it sort of barks. Sounds full race tune. I LIKE IT!

TWO Thumbs up
idea.gif
idea.gif

idea.gif

Back