speedo healer  and guages question

GOD

Registered
i bought indiglo guages with the 220 showing and a speedo healer to correct the mph. unfortunately the healer is held up and i won't get that for another week. i was wondering if i install the guages if i will have to tear the front end off again to install the speedo healer, or can i go ahead and install the guages without worrying i'm gonna have to do it again in another week.......also, i was wondering what do i have to do to take the front end off the bike and get to the guage cluster out. sorry if this is posted somewhere else, but i didn't see it................................BTW, you think they should put some kind of search engine on this site? i think that would help alot!

Most likely you will have to take the side fairings & the black panels that surround the gauges off of the bike. Once you do that you will have access to the bolts that hold the instrument clusters on. From there you will have to disassemble the gauges itself to take off the actual faceplate. Take Caution though when removing the needles off of the faceplate. I believe the best way to do it is to use 2 spoons to pry out the needels.

Also, I think several days ago someone else posted a similar post or you could hit up CharlesBusa. Hope this helps. Oh & there is a search engine, just a little complicated to use.

damn, i feel stupid...........yeah, right after i read the reply, i found the search page..........just doesn't stick out though......oh well........

GOD has a question.

Thats just all wrong.

GOD knows everything.

We should be asking GOD what the meaning of life is and junk to that effect!!!

(sorry, I don't know enough to answer your post, I just found it humerous when I read that GOD had a question.)

well when you get it all figured out, with the correct settings for the speedo healer, can you or someone post them on the forum for those of us that still have to do what you are doing ?

BTW, detailed pics of the install process would be super fantastic
cool.gif

no problem. I'll take pics and record the settings and other stuff(if i can ever get the uploading thing down, for some reason i can never upload pics) ................................ BTW, I use GOD as my handal cause its easy for people to remember and it sticks out. i'm not trying to offend anyone, but who cares? without getting into my spiritual beliefs or lack there of, i'll just say that if anyone should have a problem with me using it, it should be god and i don't think he needs anyone else to take up for him. though i'm sure he appreciates your concern.

You will not need to remove the gauge cluster to install the SH. It ties into the speed sensor plug which is down on the left side of the bike by the clutch cover. You will need to remove the left fairing and seat. Get the plug-n-play SH custom. You will also want a 54" harness with it (the 3ft. one it comes with is too short). They will do this length when ordered for no extra charge if asked. Order the custom unit directly from the website, email them, as you can't get the custom unit from a dealer. You get custom length harness, plug-n-play and a remote mount switch you can put anywhere for the high speed recall. Otherwise the button is on the brain which will be in the rear hump and you will have to take that, or the seat of to do the high speed recall. Norbert is the guy you will probably deal with at SH and he is great. One note, the plug-n-play is actually the pins, both male/female that plug into the factory plug but not the actuall plastic plug housing they snap into. As of a month or so ago they didn't yet have access to the plastic plugs yet. This will work fine if tied up properly and will keep you from having to cut your harness which is cool. Very simple install and a cool mod for sure. SH website also has a speedo calculator that generates programing instructions you use to set your unit. This takes into account factory error, sprocket changes, face plate changes, etc.
smile.gif

thanks for all that info, unfortunately it's already been orderd through another dealer, so i'll see what it comes with and deal with it.....but now i know i can go ahead and install the gauges tonight. i just didn't want to have to go throught the same process twice. i'll let you guys know how it all turns out....

GOD......if you bought the yellow box, you won't have to remove any fairings. I just removed the seat and speed sensor because it was easier to solder in the connections with the sensor out. Make your connections and install yellow box in the trunk. Use two-sided tape to hold it down and you're ready to go. Should only take you about 1/2 hour. As far as settings......I have mine on 11 % which makes the speed readings about right but the odometer will read a little short(less miles than actually traveled) which I figure the busa's been racking up more miles with the stock settings so for awhile it will even ittself out. The odometer will read about 9 tenths when you have traveled 1 mile so its not off that bad.

Just replace the front sprocket with a 18t. That should correct your Speedo and your top speed, but it will be a bit slower off the line. Then you'll have a excuse. no a reason for a turbo!
biggrin.gif

Anyone think of any other issue that the regearing could cause?

beerchug.gif

Remember everytime you use the high speed recall it is clocking mileage on your odometer while displayed because the bike thinks it is going that fast while sitting still. Should still come out ahead on the mileage reading though.
smile.gif

Back