Speedo Healer

bronc3

Registered
I am certain there are many other members who have swapped out their 185mph gauge faces for 220mph units. I am looking for someone who corrected for the change with a Speedo Healer. I have mine dialed in pretty close, but the correction should be the same for most all Busas if they are running the same gear. I am running mine stock. Curious as to what negative percentage you have entered. I am currently at -7.8%, and it still seems about 5mph fast in the 70mph area. I don't have the GPS on hand right now to verify.

No way am I the only member who has swapped speedos and corrected with a healer.
biggrin.gif

do you not have a GPS to hepl you calculate?
you only need to worry about indicated VS. actual.

there should be no concern about the year to year question.....if it functions, it kewl. My concerns are with the thermostat, fuel, and all other indicators functioning properly......
rock.gif

then you are in good shape....just get the actual vs indicated speed from a few test runs out on the bike with a GPS.
try to pick a range of where you will be riding most...the variance in accuracy seems to increase with speed....
for example, the amount of error is less at 50mph vs 150mph. you might only be off by 4% at one point, but at 9% at another...so I picked the range I know I spend most of my time and calibrated accordingly. the only consequence really is that my speedo will read a little low (-1~2%) under 70mph...no biggie.
I know that between 80 and 160, my speedo is dead on!

I'm running completely stock everything and replaced my gauges with the 220 also. I had my dad (police officer) radar me and calculated it at a +24% mph difference(i would be going 50 mph when my speedo showed 62. so at 50mph i was 12 mph off so at 100 i would be 24 mph off, thus 24%. calculate +24% using the calculator from the speedohealer website.

This, of course, is assuming that your bike would be as off as mine, but the only way to know for sure is to use gps, get a cop to clock you, or ride next to someone if you know their speedo is correct.

I'm running completely stock everything and replaced my gauges with the 220 also. I had my dad (police officer) radar me and calculated it at a +24% mph difference(i would be going 50 mph when my speedo showed 62.  so at 50mph i was 12 mph off so at 100 i would be 24 mph off, thus 24%. calculate +24% using the calculator from the speedohealer website.

This, of course, is assuming that your bike would be as off as mine, but the only way to know for sure is to use gps, get a cop to clock you, or ride next to someone if you know their speedo is correct.
So long as we are running the same gearing, the error should be pretty much the same.

where are you in FL....if you aren't too far, I could help ya with the set-up...if ya want.

I am not familiar with anyplace nicknamed "zero-gulch"

where are you in FL....if you aren't too far, I could help ya with the set-up...if ya want.

I am not familiar with anyplace nicknamed "zero-gulch"
Vero Beach. I'll be on the ride this weekend, staying in Lakeland. Thanks for the offer. I have it pretty close now, but I will have to get my GPS back to make it near perfect. I was just looking for the correction value that someone else had used after doing the same mod that I have done.

Back