Relationship between GPS and Power Commander?

Juggler

Techie Answer Guy
Donating Member
Registered
I have a TRE (using the 4th gear map) installed, and will most likely be purchasing a PCIII soon. Based on previous posts, the TRE is redundant.

I don't understand what would happen if I had both installed? As you can only have one map active on the PC, does the ECU use that same PC map for every gear? If so, then isn't the PC only good for a single gear?

The TRE DOES make a difference with the low-end stumble (I've turned it off, and noticed a difference), so would my PC map fix this?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I'm just not understanding how the two can co-exist.

The TRE supposedly eliminates the top speed restriction on the restricted models (01-04). A PC does NOT. Yes, a PC with a good map can eliminate the low end grumpy attitude a stock busa has.

From what I've read, the only use you should have for a TRE after you install a PC is to go faster than 186mph. It has been recommended before that you go with a switched TRE if you have a PC and only turn the TRE on for top speed runs.

Hey Juggler...sorry to tell you this but there are no such thing as stupid questions... Thats what this board is all about...
cool.gif

Back