Tre or g-pack ?

TopBusa

Registered
Hello All! I'm new to the site, but have enjoyed reading all the posts over the last couple of days! I just traded in my '95 ZX-11 a couple of weeks ago for a new '02 Silver Busa and have installed an Akrapovic Evo-Ti system & PCIIIR. I've been reading all the posts concerning the yes or no on the 6th gear limiter for the 2002 Busas w/TRE's. It sounds like there are alot of different opinions on it. I want to try either the TRE or G-PACK. As anyone installed the G-PACK with any success on a '02 Busa and did it bypass the limiter in 6th gear?? Thanks in advance!!

I installed the G-Pak on my 2002 busa and I like it myself. I was told the T R E would make the bike think it was in fifth instead of 6th. Which wouldnt be bad for older ones but my 2002 had a limiter in 5th also, so making the bike think it was in 5th would do me no good, I would pull 10,500 in 5th and 10,000 in 6rth and just got flat. Bike hit hard thill then. I put the g-pak on and can pull redline in 5th, had to put 16tooth sprocket on to pull redline in 6th. But will do that know also, just my 2 cents worth. I also wortk at a dealer so the extra priuce of the G-Pak wasnt bad at cost.
The bike would pull 10,800 in 6th after g-pak then It just ran out of power. still have stock exhaust for know

BALLISTIC, WHY WOULD YOU NEED TO PUT A 16 ON THE FRONT TO PULL REDLINE IN 6TH? SEEMS TO BE DEFEATING THE PURPOSE OF INSTALLING THE G-PACK...NOT BEING I SMART ASS JUST CURIOUS...

ALSO HAVE A 02 BUSA AND DEPENDING ON YOU EXPLANATION I MAY INSTALL A G-PACK ALSO.

HAVE SLIP ONS, WAITING FOR PCIIIR, ALREADY DROPPED TO 16 ON FRONT.

Well stuun you could gear the bike as low as you wanted to, but without the g-pak it still would only be able to pull 10,000 in 6th. The g-pak took awauy the restriction, after i installed it with the stock gears myn bike would only pull 10,700 in 6th.700 up from before, so g-pak took away limiter, but didnt have enough power to pull 6th gear, i am 240 pounder. so bike would possibly pull a lighter weight person without the 16 tooth sprocket, but without the g- pak stiil wont go passed 10,000 in 6th or 10,500 in 5th. I hope this makes more sense.
Didnt take it as smartass comment either, questions are good, keeps us on our toes that way

Hey guys,
I'm concerned... I installed a TRE on my 2002, so am I not getting full benefit of highest RPM's and/or de-restricting it? If the TRE sux compared to g-pac, where can I get one?
1zhelp.gif

I have all stock gears in mine. I'm assuming the front sprock is 17 tooth. Does going down 1 to 16 enable faster acceleration/wheelies? Do I have to change out to a new chain when I change this front sprocket??
eyes.gif

the TRE for 2002 is a little different then the 01'. No question that it works and eliminates the restrictions. Trust me on that one. Best way is to install a TRE with a switch that allows you to turn it on and off. I have not done this yet, but I will. That way on hot days or track days, you do not have to worry about the idle going up and down. The idle is not a big thing unless you are in extreme heat and only then it is just anoying.

the TRE for 2002 is a little different then the 01'.  No question that it works and eliminates the restrictions.   Trust me on that one.  Best way is to install a TRE with a switch that allows you to turn it on and off.  I have not done this yet, but I will.  That way on hot days or track days, you do not have to worry about the idle going up and down.  The idle is not a big thing unless you are in extreme heat and only then it is just anoying.
Hey Ninja,

I've been wanting to add a TRE to my bike also, but how do you set it up to be turned on and off with a selector switch? Does it come ready to install like this or do you have to do some wiring for it? Just curious. I've heard many people say that it's not good to start the bike with the TRE in the "on" mode. Has something to do with the starter gear or something.

Brian

Back