Tre vs. G-pack

Busa04

Registered
I have an '04 busa that is stock except for the Yosh bolt on's, and I'm trying to decide which unit(ivan's tre,nikko g-pack or atre) to install. Which is a better mod? If anyone can please help me and explain why......Thanx  Joey

<!--EDIT|kawa87
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092098203 -->

why do you hit the limiter in 6th all the time?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

rock.gif

ok guys........quite a few of you have viewed my post and no replies?
rock.gif
?? i am buying one in a few days and would like the pros and cons of each one...thanks...joey

ok guys........quite a few of you have viewed my post and no replies?
rock.gif
?? i am buying one in a few days and would like the pros and cons of each one...thanks...joey
answer the question.
You want answers but without know what you are doing it is hard.
so I posted a question either you can't read or you don't care.
Which is it?
rock.gif

rock.gif

the research i found was that it isnt only for the 6th gear limiter, but helps acceleration in 1,2,3 gears as well as smooth transition between these gears, and basically all 3 do about the same job, which is better buy for the money, works better, are they all 3 the same or one stands out as the better choice?etc,

thanks joey

they all do the same remove the limiter so if you are banging the limiter in 6th anyone will do. if you want it performance gains don't buy it get something that really works insteadof a bandaid

If you had bothered to read my post and know that i didnt know a lot about the subject, but you answered and was very uninformative.I want to know more about these particular brands from people who have had them, since they are SO popular,not your post saying something about 6 gear and i should buy something better? Why are you so vague? what is better? i thought this board was for learning and about the trial and error of people who have done mods....etc? and helping fellow busa riders...

thanks joey

<!--EDIT|kawa87
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092166037 -->

due to you think I am not helping let me help but please next time try not to be so lazy it took a whole 1.2 minutes to find this...

Dang Joey, If I knew more I would help. Sorry someone who responded was such a smart a$$. We ARE all here for learning, except a few of the "professionals" who feel they need to reply like everyone knows as much as them.

Joey... Don't be too offended by the cheeseman. He is just kind of like that personalty wise, but cheese has a wealth of knowledge to offer if you put up with the atitude every now and again.
tounge.gif

no offense cheese
biggrin.gif

Dang Joey, If I knew more I would help.  Sorry someone who responded was such a smart a$$.  We ARE all here for learning, except a few of the "professionals" who feel they need to reply like everyone knows as much as them.
I tell you what

Do a search for TRE and after 8 pages tell me there isn't enough info on the subject.

I have said this for over a year that it needs to be a sticky subject due to it is about every other day the same question is asked. Helping is not a problem, but to keep repeating one self because someone is to lazy to use a search to find out a quick answer is just that being lazy

I have an '04 busa that is stock except for the Yosh bolt on's, and I'm trying to decide which unit(ivan's tre,nikko g-pack or atre) to install. Which is a better mod? If anyone can please help me and explain why......Thanx  Joey
Johnny is right.

The TRE is not needed to smooth out the performance.

The TRE is needed to eliminate the speed restriction that few ever need.

You are far better off to have bike tuned for your specific mods.

We really do have about 18 pages of ionformation on the site for the TRE

If you are Hell bent on having a TRE go with a ATRE (smart) and make it so you can turn it on and off

Don't get it if you are just interested in smoothing out the bike you don't need either the TRE or the G-Pack to do that, and you will never completly smooth out a Busa in all RPM's. It will be good but not perfect.

Yep JC is right kawa87 ... he's just trying to help you and save you from wasting your money. The reason he asked about you hitting the rev limiter is 6th gear is because that is the only benefit of the devices you asked about. For the other performance gains you mentioned, you will be better served with something beyond a timing retard eliminator type device. Yes his answer was short, but it was right on point.

In response to your "i'm to lazy to search reply" i did that and found out a lot if info on just the ivan's tre (regular & smart tre) in which that post everyone raved about it which kinda contradicts your post "johnnycheese". All i wanted to know is the difference in the 3 brands..not much posts on the nikko or atre but plenty on the ivans. thanks...and yes there should be a sticky on this subject, but by guys who will post straight answers who have had these units on their bike and not by guys who are smart a$$es.

p.s. thanks to ninja and sage for the posts...

<!--EDIT|kawa87
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092239588 -->

In response to your "i'm to lazy to search reply" i did that and found out a lot if info on just the ivan's tre (regular & smart tre) in which that post everyone raved about it which kinda contradicts your post "johnnycheese". All i wanted to know is the difference in the 3 brands..not much posts on the nikko or atre but plenty on the ivans. thanks...and yes there should be a sticky on this subject, but by guys who will post straight answers who have had these units on their bike and not by guys who are smart a$$es.

p.s. thanks to ninja and sage for the posts...
and yet you never answered the question I posed so I could give you an answer.

Kawa - By the way you carry yourself in your writing I'm guessing that you're a young guy. All well and fine. But I'm a relatively old guy on the bell curve of this forum so, if you'll allow me, I'm going to give you a piece of advice that'll help you, not only here, but on the path of your life in general - grow some skin.

Cheese is not the sort of guy that a woman should ask if her jeans make her butt look fat. If you don't want that sort of frankness, don't read his answers. Having said that, bear in mind that the man seems to know more than a wee bit about bikes so if you do overlook his answers you're missing good info. It's entirely up to you.

Steve

Hey saberknight, thanks for the link. it was helpful. i mean it.

jump9.gif

aughtsix as far as your post and johnnycheese replies and comments i dont need them.
i really expected more out of this board.very disappointing, i guess what i wanted was some guys that had these different units installed to tell me about their experiences...like if they did like them or not and why...simple post and you guys "with your wisdom" have went off into who knows where with this post. So if any one has had these units and can tell me about their experiences please do...good or bad...all else need not reply.

thanks joey (39 year old kid with '04 busa)

<!--EDIT|kawa87
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092248576 -->

just for you I went back and looked up all the Busas I dynoed and made maps for. out of them 27 had TRE 's in them only one left after the map was done (he wanted to go do a topend run over 186) all the rest left with the TRE in hand and sold them in other words like I said if you are banging the rev limiter in 6th all the time yes get one. and if you think a $5-90 wire loom will make your bike run great.....Well I also sell beach front property in Las Vegas.
Also to my knowage no one has put all of those on their bike to see which worked better probably due to the all do the same but I did say that also.

Back