tooth extraction oral surgen cost more.

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
Man Im still paying off a root canal now my dentist tells me better have oral surgen rip out this stinkin wisdom tooth thats bugging.Wisdom tooth baaa whats so wise about them?I confess im a wimp @ dentist office I was all siked up get it pulled instead he puts me on antibiotics + some pain pills if needed.Then refers me 2 a oral surgen.I do have dental insurance just simple extraction will cst more think going 2 him.mabe wont hurt as much since I guess hes better at it.:please::please:I would rather be kicked in the nads I dont like dentist visits.

dentist.jpg

Last edited:
Its not so bad, just learn to relax in the chair if you can. You can do it if you set your mind to. I just had some work done last month and it wasn't has bad as I thought. The only thing that really pinched a little was the needle to freeze your gum so you don't feel the rest. It will be OK.

Its not so bad, just learn to relax in the chair if you can. You can do it if you set your mind to. I just had some work done last month and it wasn't has bad as I thought. The only thing that really pinched a little was the needle to freeze your gum so you don't feel the rest. It will be OK.

I wont look at the tools thats what freaks me out.I would be better off blindfolded.:oh::unhappy:

Dude I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!! I just had oral surgery March 27th! I am such a baby. 20mg of Valium and Nitrious and I still was miserable in the chair! Not to mention the healing. 3 days of vomiting up antibiotics and pain pills. Not to mention the heart attack from the bill and I have double dental coverage through my job and hubby's job. :( :( I FINALLY noticed this week that I am able to chew and eat food that isn't soup.

I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled a couple months ago by an oral surgeon. They did it on Friday @ noon and Saturday night I was in the club partying. Seriously.

It's not that bad if they knock you out. I took my valium for 2 days and didn't like how it made me feel so I stopped taking it and had no further pain. I did keep tasting the stitches for about a week. That was weird.

The bill hurt for me. I had to pay $700 out of pocket and insurance picked up the rest.

Get it done. You'll be glad you did.

Go to the surgeon and have all 4 yanked at the same time. If you don't like the dentist anyway you definitely don't want to be conscious thru it.

Dude I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!! I just had oral surgery March 27th! I am such a baby. 20mg of Valium and Nitrious and I still was miserable in the chair! Not to mention the healing. 3 days of vomiting up antibiotics and pain pills. Not to mention the heart attack from the bill and I have double dental coverage through my job and hubby's job. :( :( I FINALLY noticed this week that I am able to chew and eat food that isn't soup.
But I bet you were fast.:laugh:

I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled a couple months ago by an oral surgeon. They did it on Friday @ noon and Saturday night I was in the club partying. Seriously.

It's not that bad if they knock you out. I took my valium for 2 days and didn't like how it made me feel so I stopped taking it and had no further pain. I did keep tasting the stitches for about a week. That was weird.

The bill hurt for me. I had to pay $700 out of pocket and insurance picked up the rest.

Get it done. You'll be glad you did.

$700 to do 4 ?? ouch I only need do 1 others already out prob $175 I guess I do have good dental was that aftr insurance?

go to oral surgeon and get the Twilight sleep, you won't remember a thing and when you wake up it is all over, take pain pills that night to sleep :thumbsup:

Go to the surgeon and have all 4 yanked at the same time. If you don't like the dentist anyway you definitely don't want to be conscious thru it.
just a thought.. there are "some" sedation dentistry practices now.. they can sedate you (there is a certification they get).. they are NOT oral surgeons, but dentist's with this added ticket to their license...

just a thought.. http://www.yourdentistryguide.com/sedation/

$700 to do 4 ?? ouch I only need do 1 others already out prob $175 I guess I do have good dental was that aftr insurance?

Yeah, that was after insurance. The total bill was $1,700. My insurance caps out at $1K per year. My oral surgeon is an M.D.,DDS so at least I felt like he knew what he was doing going in. In the end, he did and I'm happy.

Oh and earlier I said I had valium for the pain, I meant Vicodin. Vicodin makes you feel like you're 18 again (no creaks, no pain) then it reaches out and knocks you for a loop and all of a sudden you feel like you're in the 1960s, if you know what I mean. Weird stuff.

Last edited:
I remember when I was in the Corps and had to have a wisdom tooth removed.

I am sitting in the dentist chair and the dentist tells me my wisdom tooths roots had grown under the bone so he needed to grind away part of the bone to get the tooth out.

After grinding for awhile he decides there is too much root and he will have to break the tooth into two pieces.

So here I am, sitting in this dentist chair and this guy gets on my chest and sticks a chisel in my mouth and cracks it with a mallet. I feel the force of the blow through my jaw

I start to chuckle a little. He looks at me, sticks the chisel in my mouth again and WHAM!! Gives it another whack with a mallet. I start laughing.

He stops and looks at me and asks me “what are you laughing about!”

I said “This is the 21st centaury, we have sent men to the moon, we have been to the bottom of the ocean, we have launched probes into deep space and we have launched to and remotely controlled vehicles on mars and I have some ape sitting on my chest with a fricken hammer and chisel trying to break a tooth in half!!”

It just totally amazed me.

I went to the dentist yesterday, he was working on an area that was real close to a nerve that went through my jaw bone to my ear. I could feel this dull pain when he was grinding with his tools on the tooth that resonated from the tooth, through my jaw to my ear. He hadn’t hit the nerve yet but man I was sqeezing the arm rest real tight just waiting so I could yell YEEEEE HAAAAAA!!!

I might have to have a root canal on that one, I have found though just dealing with the pain the nerve will usually just die eventually and the pain will go away.

I did have a tooth one time that cracked while I was deployed, back in the back of the mouth, couldn’t get to a dentist and the sharp edges were driving me nuts (kept cutting my tongue on them) finally got fed up and went into the bathroom with a pair of pliers and pulled out the broken pieces of tooth I could reach. The rest finally just smooth out on its own.

Stupid metal pliers kept hitting the nerve though, that kind of sucked.

Well. Good luck with your tooth extraction!!

Be afraid, be very afraid, I had a root canal and the dentist told me I have a hyper-active nerve. It took 3X the normal amout of novacain and the tissue in the tooth had to be massaged to accept the medication. They were injecting novacain directly into the tooth where it was drilled out even after that I could feel the drill. My body went into shock and I was having uncontrollable seizures several times when she would drill and hit my nerve, I tried to relax but I always would tense up as the novacain would weaken. I got through it but NEVER AGAIN I want to be completely sedated if I need this again.

Be afraid, be very afraid, :eh::nervous:

Mabe I WONT GO MABE HE CAN JUST RE-UP MY PAIN KILLER HYDROCODONE FOR LIKE NEXT 20 YEARS

nervous.gif

Back