Take care of your teeth!

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Well I get a miserable tooth ache in a lower moller in the middle of the night on Feb 3 it actually woke me up, my riding buddy who is a dentist cant see me till monday ...

Monday afternoon he takes xray and says " sorry cant help ya" and I need a root canal, cant see the endodontist till the next friday ... PAIN constantly and cant sleep most of every night ...

Friday Feb 10 half way thru the root canal the endodontist says " Uh oh " ... tooth is cracked all the way thru, "sorry but it has to come out and you have to see the oral suRgeon for that "

Tuesday feb 14, tooth is brutaly removed, tooth cracks and part of the root is still in there so he has to dig and grind bone... even with meds and numbing this is the worst pain I have ever experienced, until friday ...

Friday feb 17 still in severe pain, call my dentist buddy he meet's me at his office on his day off, he says something is down in there and needs to be cleaned out... no numbing he starts digging around and I am practically in tears, then he pokes it to make it bleed and fill the socket again, I'm feeling nausea and light headed and severe pain. I lay on the couch in the waiting room for about 1/2 hour before heading home.

It's now sunday feb 19 3:30 a.m. I'm still awake in pain. I tried Vicodin and it doesnt work for me. I'm suppose to take 2 extra strength Tylenol every 4 hours and 600 mg Motrin every 4 hours... Pain seems to only leave when I take 800 mg motrin and a couple of beers.
Hope I'm not screwing the liver too bad.

Not sure when or how this will end but the moral of the story ... TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOUR TEETH !!!

root canal.jpg

Kinda reminds me of this >>>

Away - Rotten Tooth - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Brother I feel your pain. Literally! I broke the very back right tooth yesterday. No help til Monday. I hope:down:

Ouch, I hope you get that out soon and get to feeling better. Teeth pain is not fun to deal with.

ouch!! there aren't many things worse than mouth pain! hope you get it all straightened out and are pain free soon...+1 on the hydrocodone

I dont understand why your friend "the dentist" didn't have sense enough to shoot you up with a local anesthetic and gas before he started digging around. If he was truly your friend I think he would have taken better care of you than he did.

Went thru the same thing about 3 Months ago and found out that I had to have 2 Root Canals done so my dentist decided to do both on the same day !! Hope you feel better real soon :thumbsup:

I'm with Jg. If he's your friend why didn't he knock you out and wake you up saying its all over?
Also need to tell him to not fear making you an addict and give you some decent meds. I had to sign a release for my dr before she would write me anything decent. Too much fear of doctor shoppers or addicts now and dr won't give decent meds to ones who actually need them. Beer will give you a dry socket and make things worse. No alcohol! It will also slow healing process.

41 no cavities. Knocking on my wooden head.

Good luck with it.

Toothache from an abscess is the worse pain I have ever had. Motrin is useless. Even codeine was useless. And then after the tooth came out I got dry socket - that was just as bad as the toothache. Did they pack it after they removed it?

Tooth pain is one of the worst things ever! One tings to look forward to is once it's all over, life will be good!! Good luck getting to that point.

I had to quit playing softball cause of tooth pain. Was playing 1st base when the batter hit the ball to the short stop. He threw it to 2nd for the forced out (onc he got ahold of it) then fired it to me for the double play. Well seems Mr Batter was a total tool and cleted me in the leg I took my eye off the ball for a half second to look down, then I rememberd a ball was heading at me,with some rapid speed behind us( our 2nd base played had a mean side throw), only it was to late. The ball hit me in the face knocking 4 teeth loose, and knocking me out. Went to the Er they told me the teeht would need ot be seen by a dentist. never made the appt. Figured they would tighten back up. Well 3 of them got adcesses on them, this was around 7pm on a friday night. Could not see anyone till that Monday. Get a call back from the "emergency tooth dr" at 7am Monday, tell me to come right in. I get there only to find out the Dr took the day off. I get a Rx for some weak ass meds. See the Dr Tuesday and he pulls the 3 teeth. then made molds for some fake ones. Talk about major pain, I dont think breaking my knee hurt that bad.

Kento I have no idea what you are talking about...
You have such a beautiful smile your teeth cant be so bad!

missing_teeth.jpg

the 10 mg is better, lol. one of those with a couple bottles of guinness, that's the ticket man. when i was having my health crisis last year, that's what they gave me. the oxy, not the guinness.

Back