Took the boy for his first ride tonight!!

Sum Beach

Registered
Well most people dont know this but times have changed for me lately. Due to lifechanges, I have moved in with my sister and her kids up in Ohio.
I have noticed the kids both oogling over the Busa and every once in a while I catch them peeking out of the window when I leave sometimes.
I asked them when I first moved in if they wanted to go for rides and they both wanted to. My nephew especially!
Well I did not have all the proper gear for them at first, but after a bit of saving and catching salesover the past month, I finally got the jacket, gloves and helmet that they can both share for the rides. AGATT!!!
My nephew is 13 and my niece is 16, both wear a size small hemlet and a mens small mesh jacket.
So the ladies tonite went out shopping and I took the boy out on the Busa!!
Gave him a quick 15 minute lesson about all the do's and dont's of being a good passenger, geared him up and off we went!!
I went through the neighborhood around 25 mph for a little while just so he could get the feel first of the bike.
Then it was off to the main roads. At a couple of stops, asked if he was ok and I got a big thumbs up!
Went down around the state park roads and got in some small twisties for him then off to the main road for some straight line speed!! Unfortunatly there was some traffic so the 60 mph speed limit was it for the day.
Stopped of at Scooter's for some ice cream and headed home in the reverse route.
He was all smiles when we pulled into home!!
He swears we were doing over 100 mph down that straight. "That was fast!!!" he says. uuuuuuum no that was only 60 . . . "only 60? seriously?" Yep.
I gave him an A+ for his first time because he actually listened and followed everything I told him to do as a passenger!!
Maybe next time we can get up to 75 mph, or to him 150 . . .

That's awesome!!! What's great is he will remember that ride for the rest of his life!

Awesome to take the time to get a youngster involved with motorcycles!
Its over now he will want a mini bike now!!
Still remember my first ride on a KZ1000 back when i was around 8 or 9

my first ride was on my uncles 80's goldwing. i loved it and probably what set me on my path to riding. dbag son of his sold it out from under me (wanted it because he is too old to ride and it was my first ride. pissed me off) anyways , congrats on making an awesome impression on him and i'm sure it wont be the last.

Saweet!!!:thumbsup: I took my granddaughter for her first ride last weekend. Stayed in the yard as she is not quite 2 yet.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Thats awesome, my dad had me on his bikes when i was extremely young and im very glad that he did because it created a passion and love for motorcycles. Next time have him hold on tight and give him a good showing of first gear and see what he thinks lol

dude how close are you...we got some good folks in ohio and pa!!

So which one of you had the most fun? Good times....
I know he had more fun than I did!!!! This was only the third time having a passenger so I am still getting used to the added weight and handling issues.
And it was his first time so I wanted to make sure to be safe and take it easy on him and NOT try to throw him off the back!!

Next on the list is to get my niece on the bike!!!!

dude how close are you...we got some good folks in ohio and pa!!
I am around the Mentor On The Lake area. 25 miles east of Cleveland.

You are the talk of the town now and the best uncle ever. I will bet you are all over his facebook now.:thumbsup::thumbsup: I took my daughter for rides at a young age and she loves bikes now. My wife was never on a bike before and all she ever said was they are dangerous after getting her geared up and a ride around the neighborhood she was bored with the stop signs and going slow now she loves going for rides on the Busa but need to get her a back rest so she doesn't fly off

My Son started riding on the back of my Buell when he was 6. Now he is nine and doesn't really fit on the Buell anymore. Took him for a run on the Busa a couple of weeks ago and he loves it. Powermadd make a great strap setup that goes around me and has 4 handles on it that he can hold on to. Works great. Its only for holding on to not attached to him in any way. And as said above AGATT.

It makes owning a Hayabusa that much better! Sharing with the ones you love!:thumbsup:

IMG_1957.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

Back