Too much wheel spin.

Tim Wayne C

Registered
Ok, so I got an 07 Busa. 1397 kit installed, muzzy exhaust, power commander, dyno tune, 5 to 10" extensions, super soft shinko rear tire. Absolutely no traction.. It is set at 8 inch on the 3xtension , with adjustable lowering links. It was dropped 2 inch up front. So I raised it back an inch.

The rear isn't lowered any by the links they are Sucked up all the way, he has the shock adjusted about 5 thread from the top. I think it's too soft personally. Bike drops 3 to 4 inches when I sit on it. I'm 200 lbs and 5ft11..

So is it extended too much and rear spring set to soft? I was going to shorten it up to the 5.5 inch mark that will be with the chain tight.

Could use some advise.. Thanks

How much air in the tire? Arè you dumping the clutch or finessing it a little bit?
Is it strapped on the front?

20 lbs in rear tire. It's blowing the tire off in every gear from 1st to 4th .when I barely twist the throttle for a lil quick acceleration. Guess I'm a new cause. I dunno what strapped is?

I haven't checked the rebound or compression to see where it's at.

The bike doesn't squat much if any when I try to accelerate. But when I get off the bike it doesn't come up real fast.

20lb in a usoft us to much. Drop to 11 before heating the tire. If that don't work drop to 10 but no lower than 8
If the shock rebounds to fast it will unload the tire and cause spin.
Prolly shld throw a hookup shinko on it to

I had problems in 1st and 2nd. I adjusted the rear shock and put a hookup on. No more problems. Also what gearing is on the bike?

16/43 . Im pretty sure. Just shortened it almost 3 inches. Dropped a lil air pressure. Made a pretty big difference in ride and handeling. Hooked a lil better too..

Compression is almost completely turnd out and rebound is half way out

Ok. Thanks fellas. I will play with the rebound and compression tomorrow.. After I drop off my 2014 sg at harley to get it fixed..

20150111_185112.jpg

I'm gonna start by setting the sag. How much sag do u recommend. I use this bike just as much in twisties as I do running straight lines..

Back