Wheel Spin

I get rear tire spin on two turns between the house and work almost everyday, but thats in a turn. You gotta see these two turns... they are yields with a nice wide 90 degree corner... you go from the left side of lane thru the turn almost hitting knee on curb and then out to the left side of the lane again... I get the rear tire spinning on these all the time. I once actually got the bike to slide with both wheels, but it scared the crap out of me and I dont' do that anymore... I love riding the bike to and from work...
tounge.gif

Hmmm.
Rolling burn out to Power wheelie.
That would be considered wheel spin, right ?
LOL!!! Thats exactly what I was thinking!!!

Stock gearing, stock tire, 210 lbs.......if the tire isn't totally warmed up...and I twist it hard....it spins, big time! If I leave it open...it turns into a power wheelie. SERIOUS FUN!!! A bit squidly, maybe....but fun none the less!

I noticed that with about 2500 miles on the B56....it'd spin even when warm, given the right conditions. ie; slick pavement, gratuitus throttle etc...

Even with the fresh tire on....a little extra juice in first in a corner...and YEEEEEE-HAWWWW!....Sideways!

Ya gotta love it! I know I do!

Just wish this freakin cold weather would go away so I can ride again!

I keep hearing about the Busa & Wheel-Spin. I put on about 10,000 miles this year & besides some wheel sping in the rain when starting off from a light, I' m sorta confused how alot of you here get wheel spin.
I think your yanking our chain. If the back wheel isn't spinning why don't the tires last? Bring those rpm's up a bit you will have that tire spinning in no time.

You know that's the great thing about this bike you can ride mellow or hard it handles both with easy.

Well my tires do last - I guess thats part of my point. Between 2 bikes, like I said I have about 10,000 miles riding this year & both bikes still have alot of rubber on the tires. I dont do drag starts, burnouts, or slip the clutch much. I would say this last year has been a year of redeveloping & esculating my riding skills, & have been concentrating on proper technique so yes my riding hasnt been very hard on the equipment. Heck my stock chain has only had to be adjusted 3 times on my Busa, and the sprockets look like new. Do I ride like a "Nancy", hardly....but I do realize Im on the street & as finally Ive got to the point of being able to drag a knee, I rarely put a knee down while on city streets.

As far as the stock tire, I would say it was marginal for giving feedback & confidence in dry conditions and as far as wet weather I became comfortable with the Busa (about 17 rain days last season) but the tire lacked what I would call a predictable feeling however manageable if the bike was rode conservatively. Maybe a picture is worth more than my words & if needed I can supply a pic of my rear & front tire - but like I said I dont experience hardly any noticeable wheel spin.....could be my suspension settings, could be that I take about 15 minutes of riding to properly warm up my tires before I play --who knows.

I've never spun my rear tire - to my knowledge, anyway - except a couple of times when exiting turns with the stock tires. Then, the rear would slip outward a little on acceleration. It hasn't happened since I replaced the OE tires, though.

But I'm a real easy rider - got 7,000 miles out of my OE rear tire with probably another throusand or so left on it.

Ed

You are prob spinnning more than you know. Ive seen my bud leave a lite on his 1200 r , just rolling it on hard and he leaves a blackie with out the front wheel coming up. Ive felt mine spin after rolling it on at the end of a corner , the tire spins heats up and then the wheel comes up. Sometimes faster than i planned. sj

Back