Wheel Spin

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
I keep hearing about the Busa & Wheel-Spin. I put on about 10,000 miles this year & besides some wheel sping in the rain when starting off from a light, I' m sorta confused how alot of you here get wheel spin.

Ive bounced the rev limiter in gear 1,2,3,4 & from what I can tell have never had wheel spin. If I clutch the bike, sure I may get a tad of spin...but thats about it. I was using the stock tires this season, so when I hear all this talk about wheel spin and than find out the person talking about this issue is using much better tires than stock, Im wondering if Im just not noticing the wheel spin, but I would think I would notice. My bike is no power house, but on the dyno stock I was at about 155 HP, and now have about 172. I weigh 210, and can wheelie with no problems, but like I said , no real wheel spin here...any input?

you sure people that were saying that didn't have ridiculous power? turbo, bigbore, s/c??

Maybe that could be the case, but it seems like I hear it alot.
rock.gif

My bike is geared and stretched, it'll spin the tire all day on the street, all you gotta do is crack the throttle.
Valium, if you whack the throttle open, it'll either come up or spin. If you are wheelieing a lot, you're not spinning, if you aren't doing either, you aren't hitting it hard enough...LOL

only time for me is improperly heated tires... The front end has a tendency to come up before the tire spins... or I just don't notice.
biggrin.gif

My bike is geared and stretched, it'll spin the tire all day on the street, all you gotta do is crack the throttle.
Valium, if you whack the throttle open, it'll either come up or spin. If you are wheelieing a lot, you're not spinning, if you aren't doing either, you aren't hitting it hard enough...LOL
same here, the rear is always spinning but mine is geared a bit different as well 42/16

Hmmm.
Rolling burn out to Power wheelie.
That would be considered wheel spin, right ?

same here, the rear is always spinning but mine is geared a bit different as well       42/16
I'm 16/43, about 5-1/2 over.

I get some when I come off the light when lane sharing, only becuase the rear wheel is usaly sitting on paint or a turtle.

under full power, that rear tire is spinning more then you think. Sometimes it's not detectable, like a rolling burnout, but it's loosing traction....between this and some high speed runs, which really eat the tire, the busa gains the reputation she has, destroyer of rear tires!

Mine comes up before it spins. I don't do either, as a result!

--Wag--

Yup. That's me. Chicken.

If you have ever been to the drag strip (or the street, though I never told you to!) you can have a freind watch or video your launch. Usually a small bit of wheelspin will be almost imperceptible. Way back when i used to drag I thought I was doing a pretty decent launch and my buddy tells me I was spinning in first and second. Not much but it is visible. All you have to do is imagine adding a little more throttle from there and the run is toast(so's your tire).

With the stock tires it is a little harder to notice. I had a friend watch and I lifted the front on a launch while the rear was spinning.

I don't know how hard you get on the gas on initial take off but I get on it pretty hard and consequently I now need a new tire. I almost always bring the front tire up when I get on it hard but quickly release on the gas as I am not crazy about wheelies. Rider weight might have also have something to do with it, I weight 170.

Back