Tobin?

I love the look of the Tobin seat.  The only thing that has kept me from getting one is the fact that the stock seat allows for some seat variations on very long days.  Plus, I'm not sure how dropping down will affect my knees since I assume there will be more knee bend with lower seat. On the other hand, I certainly see a benefit to the "lock in" position provided by the Tobin, especially when leather pants tend to slide you forward anyway.  Guess I could always order one without the exchange so I keep the stocker just in case.

<!--EDIT|sweeper
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091283370 -->

There is more padding in the Tobin than stock, but by how much I don't know. He also has a couple different designs depending on body shape.

Guys,

I had a Corbin on my Sprint ST and drove to Corbin and had it custom made for me while I waited. It was very comfortable, but fit and finish were just OK. I was never really happy with the overall quality of the workmanship.

I ordered a Tobin for my Busa and it is great. As comfortable as a corbin but much better workmanship - better overall quality.

Tobin uses different foam than the stock seat and now that I know that if I were to do it again I would ask him to do two things that would help me as I only have a 30 inch inseam:

1. Make the front of the seat a touch narrower or slope down faster so it is eaaier for me to get my feet on the ground.
2. Raise the seat area that contacts my but up just a bit - it seems to be a touch lower than my stock seat was so it makes my knees bend a bit more.

Tobin is GREAT to work with - I had both front and rear done at different times and his work is first class and much better than my Corbin.

Kent Sheldon

I love the look of the Tobin seat. The only thing that has kept me from getting one is the fact that the stock seat allows for some seat variations on very long days. Plus, I'm not sure how dropping down will affect my knees since I assume there will be more knee bend with lower seat. On the other hand, I certainly see a benefit to the "lock in" position provided by the Tobin, especially when leather pants tend to slide you forward anyway. Guess I could always order one without the exchange so I keep the stocker just in case.
I rode for 7 hours on my Tobin seat a week ago and didn't have any problems with sitting on it that long, but my knees did start to cramp from being on it so long. It does put your feet an inch closer to the pegs. That is the o nly time this has happened. I guess part of the problem is that my body is getting a lttle older and less tolerant. If I were still in my 20's, I imagine it would not be an issue.

He doesn't have a website, but here is the information.  He posts on this site as PaFreak, so you can PM him.

Anyone needing a seat modified give me a call or email. Thanks Tobin
Tobin O'Connor
122 South Main Street
York New Salem, PA 17371
1-717-792-3708
I accept PayPal and Money Orders Only.
Seat with exchange are $111.00 this includes shipping.
If you would like to buy a seat without exchange Total is $186.00 this includes shipping in the USA. Call for availability
If paying thru PayPal please add $3.00 for fees Total $114.00 with exchange or $192.00 without exchange.
IF having both front and back seats done with your exchange. Price is $199 this includes shipping. Add $6.00 for PayPal.
Without exchange price is $295.00. Call for availability. Add $9.00 for PayPal fees.
Add $25.00 for logos and $15.00 for lettering
Zippered Hump pad add $55.00
Add $20.00 for Two Tone seats
If you have any further questions feel free to call. Thanks Tobin
All shipping charges are for the Continental United States.
Call or email for shipping prices for outside the USA.
P.S. I have two type's of black material one is glossy and one is dull. Please state, which one you would like on the money order, or in the PayPal commit box.

If you would like to check out the big thread on the Tobin seats here's the link:  <a href="https://www.hayabusa.org/cgi-bin/busa/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=7;t=9138"> Tobin Seats <a>
tobin,

my name is Lannie Settles I live in Owenton Ky
I would like to purchase your seat for my new busa "04 sil/blue . I want dull black with the nipponize logo on each side
LANNIE accross the raised portion of the front seat . You supply the base and hardware fastest shipping.

I'm new to the board and realize this isn't the correct way of ordering, but not sure of your e-mail addy for paypal I have an acct. Could you e-mail me a invoice and I'll pay u directly

Thank you

Lannie Settles

BTW the board / site is great I get a lot of info I'll post some pictures soon

..first class material..

I 'm sold over BT's choice.. ..but without the big kanji on the pillion seat.. ..just on the sides - both..

PaFreak, is there any way we can have some form of colour choices for seats and/or stiches?

..I will also pm you..

WickedMessenger and Wizard, it will probably be easier/better to call Tobin at the number listed. He does the seats as a sideline and doesn't always check individual posts. If you can't reach him by phone his e-mail address is tobinoc@adelphia.net.

ya i called the listed # twice, left messages, and never heard back.

<!--EDIT|thesnake
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091634799 -->

Got my Tobin and I love it. And he gave me a two-day turnaround on mine. It was an extenuating circumstance, but Tobin is a great guy to do business with. He does make good on his commitments.

Back