Rear Tobin with a backrest?

I will need a backrest on the rear seat for my wife and kids as soon as I take delivery of my '05. My wife's main complaint regarding me ordering an '05 has been that the back seat does not look comfortable to her and she says neither she nor the kids are going to ride on back without a backrest.

The only thing I know about the Corbin rear seat with backrest is what I have read on this board and I am afraid that if it is overly firm it will not please her. I like the looks of the Tobin seats better and gather from what I read on this board that they are more comfortable. I have emailed Tobin about the possibility of a backrest but have not received a response from him. In my email I even offered to send him a Corbin seat with backrest to recover if that is the only option.

Has anyone added a backrest to a Tobin, or does anyone have any suggestions? I have never seen the Corbin in person, but it looks like it would be possible to take a backrest and mount it to the Tobin rear seat in much the same way, maybe with a supportive underseat bracket. Someone with the Corbin please comment.

I have one and my wife loves it. It is hard to break in, but, she likes it alittle more each time we ride (damn, that means she will keep going with me!). I am curious if Tobin has done any work on a Corbin. I would like to get my seat done and would like to mach it. Heck, if he can soften hers up a bit, that would be great too.

Busapilot911 is right, it does take a while to break-in. I have one for my wife and it gets more and more comfortable for her all the time. When I first got my front seat, I thought it sucked...it was hard as a rock. But I've put about 5000 miles on that seat this summer and it is just fine now. Tobin's seats look great...but I had to have a backrest as well...forced to go with the Corbin. As long as your wife is willing to go through a break-in period, you won't be disapointed.

Just sent my seats to Tobin. Talked to him prior and he said that it would be too expensive for him to design and tool up for a seat with a backrest. Decided to go with Tobin anyway. Don't know if my wife will ever ride this one. She'll ride on the back of my Harley but that stinks since I like to ride the Busa much more.

Back