Tobin Seats

Hey! This is a four year old thread, I guess that just goes to show you that some things never go out of style. Here's mine, put about 2,000 miles on it now and love it, long rides no problem at all.

72.jpg

They look simply AWESOME and jaw dropping but my question is how do they feel?

Anyone in NORCAL (bay area) that has them and wants to meet up? We can share notes....

Smoke_dog: What kind of seat is that on your bike?

rk

Thanks for the guidance BigBSBusa!  I'll find the "introduction" type thread and scare people with my picture over there!  I took a couple of quick pics of my Tobin seat just a few minutes ago.  Please excuse the shotty camera work.  I had just finished cutting the yard, and was sort of in a hurry.  

My Seat cost $150.  I had custom text sewn into the seat.  It would have been a little cheaper without that.

TobinSeat001.jpg

TobinSeat002-1.jpg

The "Traditional" Tobin seat has the "Ridge" at the back of it. Since I'm not exactly "skinny", I felt more comfortable without the ridge. The seat lowered me 1.5"-2". It was immediately noticeable. I tried to cover everything about the seat, but if I forgot something, please ask.

Another point of advice for the crowd is that full profile shots are best because they allow you to see the flow of the mods on the bike. Don't get me wrong, the seats look great but need to see the rest of the bike.

Another point of advice for the crowd is that full profile shots are best because they allow you to see the flow of the mods on the bike.  Don't get me wrong, the seats look great but need to see the rest of the bike.
I kinda disagree, when I was considering purchasing a Tobin seat all the pics didn't really show the up-close quality, style & cut of the seat, they were either extremely poor quality photos or they were taken 25 feet away and you really couldn't see the seat at all, I felt like I took a chance and didn't really know what to expect, end result is I'm extremely happy with the seat and have posted my pic on several threads so that others may actually see exactly what they are gonna recieve.

72.jpg

hey I think I'm ready to order a pair of seats for myself and my lady.....

Do you do anything custom with the rear seat for the passenger? She is looking for something with a backrest?

thanks
rick

hey I think I'm ready to order a pair of seats for myself and my lady.....

Do you do anything custom with the rear seat for the passenger?  She is looking for something with a backrest?

thanks
rick
You would have to go with a Corbin rearseat for the passenger which comes with a backrest.

thanks to a local bay area Hayabusa member, I got a chance to see these seats in person and up close. They are even more stunning in person!

I'm going to try and find another pair of stock seats so I can keep my original's to ride with till the Tobins are done.

Do most of you guys only do the front seat? I saw both the front and rear seat version done by Tobin as well as the Corbin version. The local owner has more seats than I can shake a fist at!

rk

Front seat is the only thing that has a lot of style in it. Rear seat may have the Kanji log, but not much else, so I think if you only get one the front is it. I got both done at the same time, but that's just me.

OK...Should have seen the link to the long running post here. This is what Tobin did for me. The passenger back rest is a custom that I built, but Tobin covered for me as well. He is a master at doing this and his craftsmanship is outstanding.

DSC00665 (Small).JPG

DSC00659 (Small).JPG

DSC00655 (Small).JPG

OK...Should have seen the link to the long running post here. This is what Tobin did for me. The passenger back rest is a custom that I built, but Tobin covered for me as well. He is a master at doing this and his craftsmanship is outstanding.

Very nice looking bike. What part of the world do you reside?:thumbsup:

I lost his # can anybody send it to me. some ahole burnt my front seat with a cigarette. haters

Back