Toads raceface at safepace....

ROADTOAD1340

Donating Member
Registered
Well here is some of that footage I've been croaking about ... :rolleyes: Well it was getting hot by the time this session was filmed , so I had swapped my leather jacket for my 'Dri rider ' jacket and apparently it was paraschuting on me down the straight :laugh: !!! Anyway , I certainly did enjoy myself , considering I was always conscience of not dropping the L2 . Now the bike was full street with mirrors , but was wearing Ohlins 30mm cartridges in the stock fork , and the Ohlins SU046 rear . Wheels are the BST rims and the screen is a light smoke F.Fabbri double bubble . The gopro is a black 4 set at 30 fps 1080 superview . I will picture how it mounts below . Now the gearing is 18/43 , the tires are Pirelli SC , but the 3 rd version street type . The rear being a 200 / 55 but is actually just over 190 in size . Really not the best fit on the 6.25" rim I run , couldn't get my Bridgestones in time for trip . The tacho is definitely out to some degree , on the dyno the power drops off at 11,200rpm , whereas here , my mate Big Al was reving my L2 to 12,000rpm + and making power . The rpms were lifted on the ECU , and derestricted top speed . I kept it at 11000 rpm on tacho , and it was wild pulling up from that on track . LINK to youtube
IMG_20160620_150107.jpg

I like that track!

I just stole the pic with the camera attached.... I recently got me a camera, but i do not like the mirror brackets and you cant see nothing when its mounted on my handlebar.... So wanna make me a bracket like yours and mount it the simullar way. Looks neat.

The gopro mount is from Japan Webike , https://japan.webike.net/products/22058436.html for tank anchor bolt mount , then https://japan.webike.net/products/20223855.html for ball mount arm , then the gopro adapter https://japan.webike.net/products/21721780.html . Sygn House , M8 Series . If those links don't work , let me know . The company sell a stem mount , a mirror mount and maybe a mount to adapt almost anywhere . The arm reach has 2 sizes , the arm is limited to a degree , but you can mess around and try stuff out .

I meant to tell you guys , that's Hidden Valley Track Northern Territory Australia , and it was a great 3 days of track time . The Darwin Airport is right across the way from it , and Darwin was hosting its annual war games with US Air Force and some other countries . That Airport is partly a full time base for Aussie F/A-18 C /D and also the newer more capable E /F models . The major Aussie base is actually 300km away roughly , and both bases are used for opposing force games . The USMC is stationed with us Aussies , and they train together .
When we were at the track , F-16 would take off together and the 18's also , but the mud hens are my favorite , the F-15E Strike Eagle , and when they take off it is really huge power restrained , most amazing sound . We saw them at least twice a day . :thumbsup:

I live 5 miles from Oceana Naval Air Station so we have F-18s flying around all day and night so low you can see the pilot's faces. I love airplanes. Always been around them. When we bought our house, an F-18 flew right over our house, and nosed up in full afterburn (somebody got on report!). Quite a noise! My wife asked are they going to do that all day? I said hope so dear, I hope so!

I need to poke a little fun here now that I'm awake. We need some work on those apexs :) FYI My son is USMC, and he returned from Australia in November 2017 after performing exercises with you're forces. He enjoyed it very much!

This is a great photo of me at the track. Everyone wants that knee down photo and I thought I had one. Look close though and the knee is the guy behind me who BTW is getting ready to pass me. I would be pissed if this wasn't so funny. The Slow Rider.......

View attachment 1579317
I know where you are coming from Willie , you look like you are having the best fun bro . I admit , I'm definitely no racer , but I have enjoyed those sort of bikes the best , and I have always been a ardent fan of road racing motorcycle formulas . The Busa was just very enjoyable to ride on the track , and I bet you feel the same . I for one kill the power to weight fairly well , (working on that ) so was pretty happy to be able to mix it a little bit with my mates . Because there were only 5 of us , ( 4 actually after 1k gsxr retired early ) we had a relatively unstressed 3 days of riding . Now this all happened in 2016 June I think , it was a 6000km total journey for my mates Matt and his missus Judith , so very thankful for their transporting up both mine and his Busas . I flew up , because of hips and knees etc . so to be ready to ride . Big Al , my old mate , (appears in footage on my last lap near end ) is an old master racer , and Maryrose , his missus was also out punting her MV800 , and they were great to ride with , as was Big Matt . There is a new , world class Tailem Motor Sport Park nearing end of build about 70 km away from Adelaide , so I thinking after my next operations , I may take the L2 for a ride around there . Post up some more pics Willie :thumbsup: , I didn't get any stills , and anyway , I think you all might agree , I am not a real photographer . :rolleyes:

Last edited:
This is a great photo of me at the track. Everyone wants that knee down photo and I thought I had one. Look close though and the knee is the guy behind me who BTW is getting ready to pass me. I would be pissed if this wasn't so funny. The Slow Rider.......

View attachment 1579317

Isn't that your boot touching down?:D That's what happens to me, my foot gets kicked up by the pavement long before any pegs touch.

Nailing some corners and doing 260 kph in between is the perfect reason to bring your busa to the track. The fear of getting caught on the street takes a lot out of the pleasure. I guess there is a sort of rush that comes from not getting caught but oh does it suck when you do get caught. All in all, I'd rather do it at the track and as for the corners, there's just no way you can get into a groove like that on the street.

Only once or twice a year. But my track day partner got put on restriction due to a big crash so we haven't gone in a year. To be honest with my health issues and getting old I might be done. Now that I have the other bike though I would love to get the Busa on the track and ride the heck out of it! This is a video from my second track day. Yes my shifting is awful! Remember I'm the Slow Rider........

Nailing some corners and doing 260 kph in between is the perfect reason to bring your busa to the track. The fear of getting caught on the street takes a lot out of the pleasure. I guess there is a sort of rush that comes from not getting caught but oh does it suck when you do get caught. All in all, I'd rather do it at the track and as for the corners, there's just no way you can get into a groove like that on the street.
THAT and the occasional Granny pulling out right in front of you "I didn't see him Officer...Sorry"

Only once or twice a year. But my track day partner got put on restriction due to a big crash so we haven't gone in a year. To be honest with my health issues and getting old I might be done.
Why getting uncomfortable (position) or less stamina? You're only in your fifties right?

Back