Toads off road

ROADTOAD1340

Donating Member
Registered
Hi to all my fellow Busa brethren , just letting you all know I have parked up the Busa the other day for awhile , and have just got my right hip replacement done . I expect to be off the bike for at least the winter , so looking at spring here in Aus for return to ride . Pretty medicated as I write this , and feel happy that I'm now on the other side of waiting for op . Nice to be fitted up with some titanium , instead of always for bike ... haha . Now I will concentrate on paying off mate , and then maybe swap over to some new trick pieces for my L2 .
DSCF1507.JPG

Yes , I am walking / hobbling around now with out frame because it is easier , I was walking under 20 hrs , with a frame and got myself showered . The Doc was happy with this . I got the right knee and left hip to be replaced next , but that maybe a while away hopefully . Don't worry lads , I will be back riding asap , and as recovery allows , I will change a couple of things on the L2 .

Best of luck mate! Let us know how the new ‘parts’ work out. I’m considering having my left one done, actually my problem is with the ball end of my femur. The hip socket looks ok. I live alone and 35 miles from a hospital so I have other concerns as well.

Best of luck mate! Let us know how the new ‘parts’ work out. I’m considering having my left one done, actually my problem is with the ball end of my femur. The hip socket looks ok. I live alone and 35 miles from a hospital so I have other concerns as well.
Hi. I wish you all the best in the world friend. I know you will be back on her soon!

Yes , I asked them to present me with several ti hip and socket sets to pre op , and I would bring scales and then choose my set ... explaining a bit about my Busa's weight reduction program ... well then , they got a bit angry , saying something about full of crap , so I put there concerns at ease , by explaining how lucky I am about my ( set your watch ) pre-ride poo ... sort of not as chuffed about that as I would of expected ... Anyway , I remember also hearing something strange from one of the unimpressed with motorcyclist nurses , right about the time they was about to anesthetize me , something about looking like male organ ?? only smaller ... anyway I remember that room was extra bloody cold , it was !! Overall , I think they decided to teach me a lesson by only giving me half a Brazilian ... rather mean I thought ...and also , they sent me home early because I said my money could be better spent on my motorcycle ...:rolleyes:

Yes , I asked them to present me with several ti hip and socket sets to pre op , and I would bring scales and then choose my set ... explaining a bit about my Busa's weight reduction program ... well then , they got a bit angry , saying something about full of crap , so I put there concerns at ease , by explaining how lucky I am about my ( set your watch ) pre-ride poo ... sort of not as chuffed about that as I would of expected ... Anyway , I remember also hearing something strange from one of the unimpressed with motorcyclist nurses , right about the time they was about to anesthetize me , something about looking like male organ ?? only smaller ... anyway I remember that room was extra bloody cold , it was !! Overall , I think they decided to teach me a lesson by only giving me half a Brazilian ... rather mean I thought ...and also , they sent me home early because I said my money could be better spent on my motorcycle ...:rolleyes:

Looks like those meds are really kickin' in I reckon. That was funny lol.
You'll be right mate, just rest up and watch youtube vids of modded 'Busas and drag racing and motogp and stuff like that to make the most of the down time.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Hayabusa+drags

Yes , CBXRider , it is the full set up , but I cant say I remember too much detail about the example I was given to inspect and handle , at the first after sign up to op talk and familiarize discussion .
I commiserate with your situation CBX , I look after my old toad mother , we got no family of any help value in my part of my country , but luckily we got a couple of mates who are family that can when possible help me and Ma out . I live in the city , so the hospitals are close , but have to rely on my mates to drive us , for 6 weeks , for food and appointments , using my car for comfort . Dogboy looks after old Ma very well protection wise , and she him food wise . :thumbsup:

Back