To gear or not...

I always have some kind of jacket, gloves, lid and my Walmart construction black boots on. Usually i wear my Timax pants but sometimes i just feel like jeans. I also really limit my riding when i have less gear on.  It's all relative to how geared up i am to how hard i ride.

hey Valium- yer a Wuss.

there, are you happy I did what you said now?
biggrin.gif

j/k bro, if you like ridn geared up, its your $$, your a$$, and what makes you comfortable. Thats all that matters when you're out there in the twisties.:;):
Hey Black Sheep squad flip-flop boy...lol j/k
all_coholic.gif

Hey Im into supporting a person's right to choose. Maybe its Concealed Carry, religion, seatbelts, or motorcycle gear...I believe everyone should have a right to make their own personal decison.

I rode cruiser for many years with no gear...eating bugs just wan't my thing. And learned my lesson's from riding dirt that pain from landing a 20 footer wrong can really hurt...lol

Also, I believe if its your time to go, gear or not, you have no say in the matter. I just have to deal with all these crazy cagers here in Minneapolis, and find the odds stacked against me for trouble free rides with all the miles I ride each year.

I do miss the open air feeling, the unmuted sounds, but I love to ride so much, that gearing up for me just reduces down time if I crash & allows me more riding time.

No lid law in OH and I used to never where one. Always wear gloves and just got a pair of boots. Only wear a jacket when it is cold. Almost always wear a lid. Really dont like riding without it anymore. Went for a ride, about 4 miles, got hit in the face by a bug and it reminded me of the days without a lid. Man those fuggers hurt.

Scott, I think gear is a personal choice. We are gonna die one day on or off the bike, with or without gear.

I ride with all my gear. I been riding long enough to know I may fall again and when I do I want as much protection from the road as possible.
Went down 3 times in 20 years with just a lid on and got lucky. When I turned 40 my wife suprised me with a HJC leather and cortech pants from tour master and I always wear them. It was hard at 1st to get use to them but now I can't ride without it. No more baseball gloves and sneekers for me either.
I have a nephew who is just learning how to wheelie his 05 gixxer 1k with just a lid on. I keep warning him and all he says is he knows.
He has a leather and don't ever wear it. I've even seen him riding with no gloves. Sick. but to each his own.

Back