to all that tried to help me solve the

willgetbusa

Registered
i got it fixed today. the culprit, Rotor!!! one of the rotors was slightly warped. as a result, it caused one of the brake pads to float from time to time.

i thought it might've been the wheel bearings. fyi, i was told that bad bearings would make more consistant noise like per revolution as appose to 1, 5, 10, 3, 7, etc., revolutions of the wheel. plus you can feel a little play when you shake the tire.

so to the ones that said, "rotor", kudos. thanks to all for the help and inputs. ride safe!
beerchug.gif

Glad to hear you figured it out,I had the same problem yesterday.

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: "I cant type!"|1106894228 -->

Glad to hear you figured it out,I had the same problem yesterday.
yep, thanks to all the fellow busa riders and one x-busa rider, bt.

just use the inputs that's posted already and do a process of elimination i.e., spin the wheel first, remove the calipers and spin, etc.

i'm not very mechanically incline so i couldn't have done it without their inputs/advises/comments.

good luck, hope you get your 'problem' fix soon.

hmm, might have to check on mine .... anyone know how much a rotor costs?
rock.gif

hmm, might have to check on mine .... anyone know how much a rotor costs?
rock.gif
This would be a good time to upgrade to some Galfer rotors and braided lines if you haven't already. They say that really improves the busa's brakes. I never got around to doing it on Train but I'm considering it on the 10. I figure with better rotors, pads, and braided lines I'll have one finger brakes on the 10. Doin' it MotoGP style!
wink.gif

Glad it worked out for ya. The post I made with taking the calipers off is how I found mine too. Best brake upgrades are different rotors, pads and lines. I went with Braking wave rotors, AP monoblock calipers and custom lines. The beast will stop on a dime now

Glad it worked out for ya. PM me, I think I may have a spare rotor lying around somewhere.

Back