Tn passes DV law to surrender firearms...

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
What it says...
"Domestic Violence - As introduced, requires person subject to order of protection to surrender all firearms the person owns or possesses to the sheriff of county of residence and creates Class A misdemeanor of person subject to an order of protection possessing a firearm. - Amends TCA Title 36, Chapter 3, Part 6; Title 39, Chapter 13, Part 1 and Title 39, Chapter 17, Part 13."

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
no crime needed... you just need someone to tag you with a "protection order" ??

now here comes that slippery slope of change everyone has been voting for...

MO-BUSA

Poster formerly know as qrychefanus
Registered
i may be wrong but is it saying that if your under protection of the sheriff in a domestic violence case that you are to surrender your firearms??? heck im not very good at these things, just a guess..

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
i may be wrong but is it saying that if your under protection of the sheriff in a domestic violence case that you are to surrender your firearms??? heck im not very good at these things, just a guess..
brother then you should be a lawyer or better yet, a judge.... :rofl: :rofl:

coop65sr

Donating Member
Registered
You are definitely right Mr. Bogus.... All they need is to have some sort of precedence pass into law and there ya go...open the floodgates of "CHANGE"----hope those that wanted "CHANGE" and voted for it are happy, cause we're :alcoholic:7

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Heck, they dont need to take our guns. if they are serious they just need to interupt the ability to purchase and re-load ammo.

Dino

VERITAS - AEQUITAS
Donating Member
Registered
Being "Subject to a Protection Order" means you are the one someone wants protection from.

This is no good what if my firearms are someting I want to pass down. I wonder if you get them back once the porder is lifted?

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
I am scared of Dino... brb... heading to courthouse to get a Protection order.. being the good liberal he is, I doubt however we are going to score any firearms out of the deal.. He simply talks his adversaries to death..

:rofl:

Dino

VERITAS - AEQUITAS
Donating Member
Registered
I am scared of Dino... brb... heading to courthouse to get a Protection order.. being the good liberal he is, I doubt however we are going to score any firearms out of the deal.. He simply talks his adversaries to death..

:rofl:
Good one. :laugh:

Liberal (at least in my case) does not mean anti-gun.:beerchug:

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Tennessee has lately been a little more pro-gun; we just passed bills to allow loaded guns in public parts, and resturaunts that serve alcohol, so I'm a little shocked by this 180....

ibified

Registered
Pinky and the Brain
SO which one would you be? LOL sorry man, i had to do it.

thats a pretty fugged up law. Basically the way I read it, you dont have to do anything illegal, you just have to have someone afraid of you. Yeah, kiss that 2nd amendment goodbye...

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manxbusaracing