Tn passes DV law to surrender firearms...

What it says...
"Domestic Violence - As introduced, requires person subject to order of protection to surrender all firearms the person owns or possesses to the sheriff of county of residence and creates Class A misdemeanor of person subject to an order of protection possessing a firearm. - Amends TCA Title 36, Chapter 3, Part 6; Title 39, Chapter 13, Part 1 and Title 39, Chapter 17, Part 13."

no crime needed... you just need someone to tag you with a "protection order" ??

now here comes that slippery slope of change everyone has been voting for...

i may be wrong but is it saying that if your under protection of the sheriff in a domestic violence case that you are to surrender your firearms??? heck im not very good at these things, just a guess..

i may be wrong but is it saying that if your under protection of the sheriff in a domestic violence case that you are to surrender your firearms??? heck im not very good at these things, just a guess..
brother then you should be a lawyer or better yet, a judge.... :rofl: :rofl:

You are definitely right Mr. Bogus.... All they need is to have some sort of precedence pass into law and there ya go...open the floodgates of "CHANGE"----hope those that wanted "CHANGE" and voted for it are happy, cause we're :alcoholic:7

Heck, they dont need to take our guns. if they are serious they just need to interupt the ability to purchase and re-load ammo.

Being "Subject to a Protection Order" means you are the one someone wants protection from.

This is no good what if my firearms are someting I want to pass down. I wonder if you get them back once the porder is lifted?

I am scared of Dino... brb... heading to courthouse to get a Protection order.. being the good liberal he is, I doubt however we are going to score any firearms out of the deal.. He simply talks his adversaries to death..

:rofl:

I am scared of Dino... brb... heading to courthouse to get a Protection order.. being the good liberal he is, I doubt however we are going to score any firearms out of the deal.. He simply talks his adversaries to death..

:rofl:

Good one. :laugh:

Liberal (at least in my case) does not mean anti-gun.:beerchug:

Good one. :laugh:

Liberal (at least in my case) does not mean anti-gun.:beerchug:

If you two had your own TV show, what would it be called? Point/Counterpoint ?

Yin and Yang?

NO Grayscale?

:poke::laugh:

Last edited:
Tennessee has lately been a little more pro-gun; we just passed bills to allow loaded guns in public parts, and resturaunts that serve alcohol, so I'm a little shocked by this 180....

Pinky and the Brain

SO which one would you be? LOL sorry man, i had to do it.

thats a pretty fugged up law. Basically the way I read it, you dont have to do anything illegal, you just have to have someone afraid of you. Yeah, kiss that 2nd amendment goodbye...

Back