Titanium bolt help

grabntwist..

I found a web page but not sure if I book marked it, that had the Titanium axles also. Pricy to say the least but why stop now!

I have come to the conclusion not to use thread lock on the Titanium bolts but torque to specs. You?

hogger...

grabntwist..

I found a web page but not sure if I book marked it, that had the Titanium axles also. Pricy to say the least but why stop now!

I have come to the conclusion not to use thread lock on the Titanium bolts but torque to specs. You?

hogger...
haha you dont think grab has the ti axels by now....well he does! (crazy mofo)
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|SPEEDEMON
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142780422 -->

Grab -

I used anti seize on my TI bolts...I will just make sure to check them routinely. Forget the thread-lock.
cool.gif

Are the axle's solid? I looked at the site HOGGER put up. Said step drilled and honed. Makes em sound hollow, spos you want lite hollow would help.

Are the axle's solid? I looked at the site HOGGER put up. Said step drilled and honed. Makes em sound hollow, spos you want lite hollow would help.
the OEM's are hallow...so why not the aftermarket  
wink.gif
I have not even looked to see they were hollow. My bad. I assumed they were like all the other bike I have had.
No stupid ?'s they say. But a simple look-n-see would have answered my ?
Sorry.

OK, since I am replacing my rotors anyways (yet again) you guys convinced me to go with Ti bolts. THANKS ALOT!
tounge.gif

use anti-seize.... that's what I used.. The next debate is which kind... there's been some questions about the copper kind because of it's effects on aluminium...

Just make sure there torqued to spec and re-check them every so often.

FYI... don't buy the Titanium front axle nut... it weighs more than the stock aluminium one...

Also you can determine which Ti bolt may be better based on the grade... It has to be listed because it's a controlled material.

the anti seize lube included will be sufficient...no need for the locker.

locker is for people that do not make regular checks to their equipment...intended for "tighten and forget" scenarios.

if you have some time on your hands...then saftey wire them

the anti seize lube included will be sufficient...no need for the locker.

locker is for people that do not make regular checks to their equipment...intended for "tighten and forget" scenarios.

if you have some time on your hands...then saftey wire them
Thats where Im at now. I ordered a few extra bolts in case I screw them up. I have access to a cnc drill press, but I have never drilled ti before. I hope it goes well.

I also picked up a brake caliper mount kit for the front and rear. The fronts werent that much lighter. Everything else was though.

Hey grab you have TI handle bars or cabon fiber? BST's?
If so with bars lighter? Looking to loose weight myself. A slow but and steady diet.

Back