Titanium bolts for the wheels?

Those are the worlds best titanium axles , they were the go to axle for all premier road racing teams , before rule changes for team cost cutting etc.
I personally have a set on my ZX14R because they are okay for years of use if respected . They are beautiful machined pieces , but usually the last mod on the long list .... because of huge expense vs weight loss , is not great .
Zeta Ti axles were on my ex Busa , these were excellent value and machined , but not available anymore .
Mettec.com make a GSXR1000 28MM axle that fits Gen 2 at least , another nice piece .
Got a UK machinist to make my swingarm pivot axle for ZX14R .
Unit 5 make some double nut axles , I got one for future project .
Top 2 pics ZX14R , Bottom pic Gen 2 Busa
20221206_164324.jpg

20230104_135747.jpg

20221012_101338.jpg

Those are the worlds best titanium axles , they were the go to axle for all premier road racing teams , before rule changes for team cost cutting etc.
I personally have a set on my ZX14R because they are okay for years of use if respected . They are beautiful machined pieces , but usually the last mod on the long list .... because of huge expense vs weight loss , is not great .
Zeta Ti axles were on my ex Busa , these were excellent value and machined , but not available anymore .
Mettec.com make a GSXR1000 28MM axle that fits Gen 2 at least , another nice piece .
View attachment 1676828

View attachment 1676829

View attachment 1676830
Hi. I have an aluminum front axle with Ti nut and pinch bolts. The rear is steel because of the 800+ HP. I do have a Ti pivot bolt .

Hi. I have an aluminum front axle with Ti nut and pinch bolts. The rear is steel because of the 800+ HP. I do have a Ti pivot bolt .
Hey Mike , what grade aluminum is the front axle , is it machined solid or hollow , and is it anodized or anything ? I remember you saying that DME only use chrome molly with there big HP bikes like yours . The swingarm pivot still in Ti eh ?

View attachment 1676828

View attachment 1676829

View attachment 1676830
What's the weight saving?

Cant remember exactly , got it written down somewhere tho . But 300 grams save maybe for both axle . This is unsprung weight , it is about ticking all the boxes I guess , this mod going further than most are willing lol.
Hi. I also have Ti caliper pistons front and rear they saved 8 oz for $800.00. So you can spend a $1000.00's for a few lbs. Are you willing to go that far? I will be at around $130,000.00 in my build. I could have spent {if I had it} over $1,000,000.00.

Hi. I also have Ti caliper pistons front and rear they saved 8 oz for $800.00. So you can spend a $1000.00's for a few lbs. Are you willing to go that far? I will be at around $130,000.00 in my build. I could have spent {if I had it} over $1,000,000.00.
It can certainly become both an addiction and obsession to reduce weight on these things....

I almost went down that rabbit hole but thankfully stopped myself before I did, the riding season is too short here for me to justify spending $15k or more I was planning to spend on a bike I paid $5k for and ride less than 4000kms a year in a good year...

I do enjoy others in their builds though, some of the tech people are putting in their bikes is impressive.

No Mike , personally , I cannot really go further than my usual mods , latest example being what I get for my current H2 project .
You tho , through lots of hard work are assembling the ultimate streetbike , amazing attention to weight loss detail , and that same attention to motor parts list and build . This dedication is what is needed to compete to win , and this is where we expect to find this type of Super Street build , the USA , home of the souped up hot rod . I hope the new street class you are working on is successfully formed , and we see a lot of speed addicted people join up .

No Mike , personally , I cannot really go further than my usual mods , latest example being what I get for my current H2 project .
You tho , through lots of hard work are assembling the ultimate streetbike , amazing attention to weight loss detail , and that same attention to motor parts list and build . This dedication is what is needed to compete to win , and this is where we expect to find this type of Super Street build , the USA , home of the souped up hot rod . I hope the new street class you are working on is successfully formed , and we see a lot of speed addicted people join up .
Hi
I wish I had internatinal calling. 508-496-3312.

Back