Better looking rotor bolts on a budget .

c10

Registered
Slowly upgrading hardware to titanium. With my new Galfer rotors ugly paint touched stock bolts needed updating. Drill, scotch brite, clear coat paint equals a nice looking bolt. I'm replacing two damaged bolts with titanium from pro bolt but @ 8.19 each I'll do it as fun money permits seeing as I just dropped 800 in rotors / pads / tire / shift arm from Sato Racing.
DSC_1771.JPG
DSC_1768.JPG
DSC_1789.JPG
DSC_1790.JPG

That is a great weight saving on the discs C10 , and switching over to ti fasteners is a good thing for weight and also neat appearance . I do buy from Pro Bolt , mainly for the convenience , but there are some very good UK stockist of ti fasteners , Race Ti on evilbay has some great prices , but shipping may tip it over to limited value saving . Titan classic is also from UK on the evilbay , and they feature some rarer ti bolts for Suzuki . You guys have quite a few to choose from in the States , that are established business , such as Mettec , so look around if you want to save .

This makes me a little sick to my stomach but in some twisted way, I'm also proud of the fact I have spent $1000 on Pro-Bolts. I have yet to add up the weight loss. Oh well it's all in fun, right. They look mighty sharp, too. Keep an eye on your order history for a tally of the $$ you spend on these little gems.

Oh there is approximately 400 to 500 in titanium hardware on my bird currently and let's not count the 9 lb full titanium / carbon fiber exhaust lol. Most are shocked to find out my bike with all bags, racks, 10 lb tool kit is still 30 pounds lighter than a stock gen 2.
One day ill do wheels to save more.

DSC_1796.JPG

DSC_1730.JPG

This makes me a little sick to my stomach but in some twisted way, I'm also proud of the fact I have spent $1000 on Pro-Bolts. I have yet to add up the weight loss. Oh well it's all in fun, right. They look mighty sharp, too. Keep an eye on your order history for a tally of the $$ you spend on these little gems.
I know how you feel Mythos , the weight saving on entire bike is around 2 kg , but the bonus I would think for you would be no corrosion troubles when you beasts are in storage . They look so trick , I always look for this detail on any custom / modified bike , for that extra step taken by owner . :thumbsup:

Oh there is approximately 400 to 500 in titanium hardware on my bird currently and let's not count the 9 lb full titanium / carbon fiber exhaust lol. Most are shocked to find out my bike with all bags, racks, 10 lb tool kit is still 30 pounds lighter than a stock gen 2.

View attachment 1579240

View attachment 1579241
Your beast C10 , is possibly the ultimate , and most effective A to B fast sport touring motorcycle package I have ever seen . Really well set up , and meticulously maintained example of high speed mile munching Busa , and interchangeable for any mission you care to task it . We have all seen your ride footage , and I'm thinking you and this Busa would be my 1 safe bet to win any sealed road course cannonball rally challenge bro !!! :thumbsup:

View attachment 1579240

View attachment 1579241
That’s impressive how much of that was the exhaust?

the bonus I would think for you would be no corrosion troubles when you beasts are in storage . They look so trick , I always look for this detail on any custom / modified bike , for that extra step taken by owner . :thumbsup:
Yeah!! That's right---corrosion free too!! Most are aluminum. It's a quarter the weight of steel where Ti is half. Some things are too risky to use anything other than Ti or steel though. Rotor bolts would be one, of course.
Insane I say lol
LOVE the scale pics, c10. I have a hundred of those myself. Some day I'm going to add it all up and see what I got. LOL I'm guessing I saved 3 lbs for a thousand dollars! But I have only got half the Pro-bolts I need so there's a few more lbs gone!! I'm adding weight with some parts I put on so I have to counterbalance that somehow. Hey, it's fun and it makes me happy!

Look on Pro Bolt web site they have washers with holes drilled in them.
Those are some cool lookin washers but check the weight against the undrilled washers. I'm quite sure the drilled actually weigh a few mg more than undrilled and they cost more because of the drilling.

Also if your really persnickety about weight loss, go for Race Spec drilled when you replace the OEM flanged hex head bolts. Careful to NOT get bodywork race spec cuz they have a broader flange and are heavier. The ordinary race specs are lighter than a machine screw with aluminum washer. This is for aluminum, IDK if it applies to Ti.

Back