Titanium bolt help

grabntwist

The one who started it all
Donating Member
Registered
I have a set of Galfer waves coming in F/R for the Bus'. What better way to bolt them on than use TI rotor bolts. I also have Ti pinch bolts and axles coming.

Now here's my problem. The bolts come with the Ti/Prep paste and it needs to be used. I also need to use thread locker. What do I do? Any ideas/expiriences? Please help.

What's the advantage of using Ti bolts?
Less weight....but very $$$$. Rotors and wheels make a big
difference in rotating mass, but axles, hubs, and hardware
not so much because they are so near the center of the wheel
wink.gif

(quote) "but axles, hubs, and hardware
not so much because they are so near the center of the wheel." Kinda true.

Axles hubs and hardware do help with unsprung weight.

i got the perfect solution for you...give them to me and i will give you my 3 times as heavy, but very sturdy bolts...than you wont have anything to worry about!
cool.gif
laugh.gif

Yea, I saw you making a move today. Hey just get a set, you already have the rotors.

DSC00848.JPG

wink.gif
+1 My goal is to be about 425lbs all fueled up. Im pretty close now. I need some more ti bolts and a alluminum subframe.
and if 425 is your goal, how about you only go to starbucks twice a day! hahahaha it will save you money aswell!

i'm sorry bro that was low...
tounge.gif

wink.gif
+1 My goal is to be about 425lbs all fueled up. Im pretty close now. I need some more ti bolts and a alluminum subframe.
and if 425 is your goal, how about you only go to starbucks twice a day! hahahaha it will save you money aswell!

i'm sorry bro that was low...  
tounge.gif
Starbucks is fine 2-3 times a day, but I'll still find a way to spend $$$. I think you know me by now.

The big question is when will you get that bike over to Bob so he can turn it into a man's bike. Not all weak and slow. Btw that shaking you were getting at high speeds may have been from my bike scaring yours..
biggrin.gif

please PM me if you find an answer to this question. I have rotors, sprocket, pinch bolts and axle nut on it's way in Titanium.

I checker with Charles and he said I got an awesome price so I went with the other guy.

If you need the name let me know. Don't want to take away any business from the forum.

hogger...

DO NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!! use thread locker with Ti rotor bolts .... You are about to marry a Ti surface to an aluminum surface ... Use anti-seize !!!!!! ... Torque to your recommended specs and you will be fine

On the Ti axles ... Be careful with those ... They get a "binding" affect sometimes ... make you grease like crazy in the wheel and on the axle with those .... it will be messy for a few minutes .... but worth it in the long run !!!!

1 other thing ... Those rotor bolts look like the ones that EMA sells .... They arent the best .... I had the same and tossed em ... I went back to the yoyodyne Ti bolts ... The reccessed area on the EMA version is very shallow and actually stripped very easily .... just put good downward pressure on your torque wrench and take you time

<!--EDIT|ROBOPTI
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142608306 -->

DO NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!! use thread locker with Ti rotor bolts .... You are about to marry a Ti surface to an aluminum surface ... Use anti-seize !!!!!! ... Torque to your recommended specs and you will be fine

On the Ti axles ... Be careful with those ... They get a "binding" affect sometimes ... make you grease like crazy in the wheel and on the axle with those .... it will be messy for a few minutes .... but worth it in the long run !!!!

1 other thing ... Those rotor bolts look like the ones that EMA sells .... They arent the best .... I had the same and tossed em ... I went back to the yoyodyne Ti bolts ... The reccessed area on the EMA version is very shallow and actually stripped very easily .... just put good downward pressure on your torque wrench and take you time
are you saying the grade of Titanium is not the best or the socket depth in the head of the bolt is not the best?

Thanks for the post.

hogger...

Hmmm ... I not an metalurgist ... but IMO ... I have had both

The Yoyo seems to have tighter tolerances and just kinda seems more "precise" ,,, and the head depth DEF helps ... Trust me ... I HAVE stripped and handul of the EMA brand

Now don't get me wrong about EMA ... One of THE BEST companies I have ever dealt with ... I go to them for TONS of stuff ... and I told them about my opinion on their bolts .... GREAT guys over there ... Just not a fan of that brand

My goodness boys, you guys deep into bragging rights
tounge.gif

Most of us are much better off to spend that extra money we have to burn on Track Days and Race Schools. Money will buy you everything,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, except skill. I, like most of the rest, love to look at all that eye candy and curb appeal. Me ,,,,,,,,,,, I crash way to many of them to be investing in much on extras
sad.gif

Track days, race schools.. Done em', and will continue to. Skill.. I don't think of myself as the badest rider on two wheels, but I can surely hold my own.

Some of us have goals with our rides. Some for aestetic reasons and some for performance related reasons. My personal goal is to shave of a good bit of weight of my bike and am doing so.

Trust me you'd have to look a few times to notice all the mods on my bike. It is meant to look as close to stock as possible.. So before you go of on a "bragging rights" rant, do your homework.

Robopti, has nothing to brag about.. Just take a ride with him sometime.

Funny enough you mentioned crashing to often.. Maybe you should take up a race school or trackday.

Back