Tires

Hi Guys. I'm saw a weather crack on my front tire this morning. The previous owner had it sitting outside, unused quite a bit apparently...
I'd like some sticky tires on it. I've done some reading, asking locally... read a few posts here but I'm curious with all the new tires on the market these days, what you guys would recommend.
I'm not a crazy fast corner to corner racer, but I do want stick over high mileage if I had to make that choice.

Thanks
Andy

UPDATE: Talked with a local shop and they have a special on Metzler M3's front and rear for $270...
Good tires????

Last edited:
i had the same question a couple weeks ago..... and the top results were avon st...the new version the avon storm 2 ultra... and the pirelli angels... i went with the avon st 2 ultra only because i wanted a 200 rear tire and the pirelli dosent offer on that i could find... but good reviews on all of them :beerchug:

i had the same question a couple weeks ago..... and the top results were avon st...the new version the avon storm 2 ultra... and the pirelli angels... i went with the avon st 2 ultra only because i wanted a 200 rear tire and the pirelli dosent offer on that i could find... but good reviews on all of them :beerchug:

He said he preferred stick over mileage. All the above tires are high mileage touring tires. Although your suggested tires would probably serve him just fine!

There is a fine crop of multicompound sticky tires available to choose from currently.

Bridgestone BTO16
Dunlop's new Q2 Qualifier
Pirelli's Corsa III
Metzler's M3's (Not at the top of the list but okay)
Michelin has a brand new Race One tire that's streetable

If price is not a factor, the Q2 would be my choice.

I've been riding on Pilot Road 2 for the past year and a half & love them. I have about 5k on the rear tire & it looks like it can easily go another 5k.....Before them, I was using Pilot Power 2ct and loved them as well but they didnt last long...Never had a problem with grip from either tire....

Back