anyone ever used shinko tires

john32303

Registered
hi all

was looking at pair or tires for my 600 and i will be using it for highway travel and round town. at a local shop a guy has some shinko (sp) tires. has anyone ever used them before. i am looking for a tire that i can get some mileage out of it.

thanks

Shinko R005 or 009
thumb_up.gif

They are cheap and they wear fast. The ultra soft compound 003's are a popular drag tire.

They are cheap and they wear fast. The ultra soft compound 003's are a popular drag tire.
The fast wear only applies to the lower # compounds like the 03. the 05s are a good mix of great stick and good milage. The 09s offer good stick and great milage. I ran the 09s on my commuter Bandit and got 15000 miles out of one set. I,ve had a couple sets of each on different bikes with no problems just pick the right compound for your riding style

Yea i run a street shinko (i dont know the coumpound # and im not going to check) on the rear of my bus and a perelli diablo corsa on the front. I never had much trouble. It tends to slide out sometimes under hard cornering acceleration but i never crashed from loss of grip.

Can't beat 'em for the money. Not the longest lasting tire in the world but the cost savings make up for the cons which aren't that bad anyway. I use 005's.

I'm on my second Shinko Raven 009 in the rear. Got about 7,000 miles out of the first one; just put the second one on at the Bash.

Here is a statement from when I ordered mine.

Shinko 003 Stealth Tires - Z-Rated - Package Specials
120/70-17 and 190/50-17 Z-Rated (ST-003-12-19) (In Stock) 1 $193.98$193.98

According to the Shinko website the highest rating they have is W/168mph.  Many have run them much faster though.

003-stealth-radial-rear.jpg

003 STEALTH RADIAL REAR
SPORT BIKE TIRE
The Stealth Radial's slick/dimple design is great for production racing, drag racing, or serious sport riding. Features include:

Soft compound for rapid warmup gives racing-slick-like performance
W speed rated (168 mph)
Aramid belted
DOT approved
Available in Ultra-Soft compound - great for drag racing and track use

005-advance-radial-rear.jpg

005 ADVANCE RADIAL REAR
SPORT BIKE TIRE
A large block-type tread pattern makes the Advance an excellent all-around Radial tire, offering exceptional braking, cornering, and acceleration characteristics. Other features include:

Specially designed tread grooves help dissipate water efficiently on wet surfaces
Intermediate rubber compound
Aramid belts enhance high speed performance
W speed rated (168 mph)
DOT approved

006-podium-radial-rear.jpg

006 PODIUM RADIAL REAR
SPORT BIKE TIRE
The Podium Radial's streamlined tread pattern reduces rotating resistance while improving water drainage. A smooth shoulder profile ensures superior grip and exceptional stability at all lean angles. Other features:

W (168 mph) or V (149mph) rated
Intermediate rubber compound
Aramid Belted
DOT approved
17 and 18 inch sizes available

009-raven-radial-rear.jpg

009 RAVEN RADIAL REAR
SPORT BIKE TIRE
The Raven was specifically designed to meet the demand for a long life, high performance radial tire. Raven Radials provide superior riding comfort, while the tread compound gives high grip on both wet and dry roads. Other features:

Highest tread life of all Shinko sport-performance radials
W speed rated (168 mph)
Aramid belted
DOT approved

It's kind of confusing because all of the sizes have the 'ZR' in their names, like 190/50ZR17.

I drag race alot on a shinko 003 stealth.For the money,you can't beatem.If I were going to buy them for street riding,I'd go with the 005 or 009.You'll get more miles out of those.

busa_greg.jpg

I run the 03 Stealth Radial on my 07 busa. I must admit, they handle a heck of a lot better than the stock tire. I even got caught in a thinder storm last week, and the performance was still good.

Good cheap tires. 007's and up handle well. They do have problems with getting a bead when putting them on at times.

Back