Tires are broken in....

thanks all for the great welcome.... all great pointers...  so in response...

-I'm buying some leather pants... does anyone know about the track in Gainesville?  Pants have to zip to the jacket?  Is that just in the rear, or all the way around?  I've never owned racing pants before

-New pipes sounds awesome (2 brothers custom cut 14")... no popping that I've notice on decel, but I should probably have the bike re-mapped, but I'll probably wait a little bit, I may want to do an air filter and other adjustments before paying for the remap.

-I can't recall the exact spot of the incident, but I think the cop was near St. George St. Park... we started talking about state parks and he was trying to get me to come visit the parks in the area since I told him I just moved here.

-I got the bike at North Jax Powersports after being jerked around at another dealership who will remain nameless at the moment.... after screwing up my yamaha R6, putting me in the hole for $1000 of service, not doing an oil change I paid for and then the owner telling me there were no other Suzuki dealers in Jacksonville that he "knew of" when first off he had no 08' Busas in stock and he's been selling bikes here for 30+ years... I happend upon the other shop while out crusing killing time before my motorcycle safety course I signed up for.  I walked in, saw the orange and black, and the salesman said, how can i help you, and I said, "I want to leave with that bike today".... so,  long story short, I did.

Is that everything?  you guys rock... thanks again for the warm welcome and hope to see you all out and about... I hear there are only 3 orange/black 08's in Jax, so don't be afraid to say hey!

-Matt

S4010014.JPG

-I'm buying some leather pants... does anyone know about the track in Gainesville?  Pants have to zip to the jacket?  Is that just in the rear, or all the way around?  I've never owned racing pants before

Matt, try this link for a track in North Florida

http://www.jenningsgp.com/

ahhhh....... i loved riding A1A when i was down in daytona for bike week a few yrs back. defy very scenic!! sorry to hear about the ticket!! that black and orange sure dowa look good!!!
cool.gif

Nice job by not trying to be a
Ghost Rider[/url]wannabe. Don't run from the cops.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the bike for 4 days before I felt the tires were totally broken in (200 miles) and decided to open up the bike on a nice gently winding stretch of A1A heading from Amelia Island south towards Jacksonville, FL.... the ride down was great, topped out at 150+mph and it didn't take much to get there... a little sight seeing, photo opps (see attached) and I headed home.  Same stretch of road I decided to open the throttle again... just as my vision became a bit blurred (100mph) I see a truck on the side of the road, which i thought was just another local fishing in the ditches, but as I opened the throttle a little more I see the smeared image of the state trooper decals on the side of the vehicle.  I'm not as ballsy as some and don't have the guts or skills to run from the cops, so I  immedatly pulled over...  thanks to using my best judgement the cop dropped the speed on the ticket from 127mph to 85mph.... I still have to go to court, but it should be a whole lot cheaper.  I think I need to find a track to hit up next time I have the need for speed.
Nice job by not trying to be a
Ghost Rider[/url] wannabe. Don't ever try to out-ride the cops or you might never ride again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back