Tires and Dynos

Professor

Hayabusa Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
I know my MT shootout tires are marked “not for dyno useâ€￾ or something like that. I’ve read here the Shinko’s will show a HP loss on the dyno. What is the recommended tire to run? Is my street Pilot Power ok to use?

Yeah , it's ok but tires that throw sparks thru the turns are best for the making of a dyno queen . I have a Avon mounted on a spare wheel if you want to use it .

Remember , we don't race with dyno numbers so tuning with a Shinko is just fine .

A MICKEY WILL WORK ,BUT IT WILL SHOW A DECREASE IN HP BECAUSE WHEN THE TIRE GETS HOT IT TENDS TO STICK TO THE DYNO WHEEL.BUT I GUESS YOU HAVE TO USE WHAT YOU GOT!!!
super.gif

(mountainmotor @ Nov. 07 2006,14:59) Yeah , it's ok but tires that throw sparks thru the turns are best for the making of a dyno queen . I have a Avon mounted on a spare wheel if you want to use it .

Remember , we don't race with dyno numbers so tuning with a Shinko is just fine .
Thanks for the offer on the Avon. I think my PP will be ok. I just didn't want to screw it up. I think I might have an another OEM wheel coming. I'm not sure if, when, or where on the dyno.... I'd kind of like to make a trip to Austin with it late winter. We'll see.

Back