Tire shine gel wont make tires slippery?

umairhashmi

Registered
I was looking at the stuff they sell for cars that you put on your tires to make em shiny.Is it okay to use it on bike tires too? I dont wanna slip

Then don't put them on, they will make your tires very slippery. Don't make this mistake, leave it for the cagers.

+1 You can use Mothers back-on-black... there is no lubricant there... tested many times... pricey tho... $5 for small bottle.

I've done the sidewalls, but, DO NOT LET ANY OF IT TOUCH CONTACT/TRACTION AREA!!! YOU WILL CRASH!! Don't even put it on chicken strips. You may need that area when you least expect it.

negative....leave the tires alone bro
good advise there
smile.gif

ummm...back-on-black may be ok....butttt, I wouldnt put anything on Motorcycle Tires

Listen take it from someone that does insurance repairs,leave that #### where it is,if you wanna profile by a  Bentley..I had my bike detailed when I first started riding one time & oneedless to say the young kid that armor alled my tires cst his boss about $3k in a custom paint job for $.50 worth of armor all accident happened leaving his driveway.

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138557897 -->

Learned it the hard way , when I was 15 . Armor-All and morning dew on the roads feel like ICE !

Yeah I would not do that unless is was for a show then was it off before you ride.

ok i take it back do it but have your buddy film the next ride you go on for me.....j/k put the armorall down and step away
tounge.gif

Not a good idea at all! I must admit I did it a few times when I was a newb and thankfully didn't live to regret it, but won't do it again.

Back