Tire shine gel wont make tires slippery?

all you need is to wash them, nothing extra....one of the guys i knew did that on his first bike and droped it the same day...
wow.gif

Ya know, you can mask off your tread section and just do the side walls ! That is, if you don't lean on to your side walls while squiding
wow.gif
. And if you do, well, your a far far better man than I
blush.gif

Why dont you just get some SLIK50 or 10w30 motor oil and smear it all over the tread designs only.  Looks cute, and your sure to kill yourself equally as fast as using armor all.  
biggrin.gif

OH I almost forgot. To be a more effective suprano singer armorall your seat and hit your front brake really really fast!

JD

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138627711 -->

if you want fancy tires, i would rather buy tomohawk's opposed to armor all

I was looking at the stuff they sell for cars that you put on your tires to make em shiny.Is it okay to use it on bike tires too? I dont wanna slip
You can't be serious....... Come on, tire shine on cycle tires? THINK.
If it feels slick to your skin, then it'll be too slick for your tires.
You can clean the tire sidewall with some automotive tire cleaner such as Wesley's tire bleach and a brush. I have to do this once in a while as tires oxidize and naturally develope a brown hue. Alittle scrubbing and they're back to new.

If your dead set on adding some type of shine, try wrapping your finger in a rag and spraying the rag lightly(not the tire itself) and apply sparingly to the sidewall.
If your bike is merely a show or beach cruiser, i wouldn't worry too much. But for any other type of riding, no.
You've been warned, but to each his own.

Not to jack the thread, but this topic reminds me of a story... things you should not do.

In the mid 80's my friend saw a product called Tri-Flon at the auto store... and bought it. Later that day we went for a ride and were doing about 60 MPH down a SoCal street when the stoplight turned yellow. I slowed down and came to a stop as my friend flew through the light doing about 50-55 MPH. I was like "what is that stupid fug doing?"

When I finally caught up to him a few blocks later he had pulled off the road when he finally stopped. His helmet was off and he was shaking... almost in tears. He tells me that the can of Tri-Flon said it breaks corrosion and stops squeaks... so the dip-shid put it on his rotors to stop his brakes from squeaking.

Just one more thing not to put on your tires or rotors!

Not to jack the thread, but this topic reminds me of a story... things you should not do.

In the mid 80's my friend saw a product called Tri-Flon at the auto store... and bought it. Later that day we went for a ride and were doing about 60 MPH down a SoCal street when the stoplight turned yellow. I slowed down and came to a stop as my friend flew through the light doing about 50-55 MPH. I was like "what is that stupid fug doing?"

When I finally caught up to him a few blocks later he had pulled off the road when he finally stopped. His helmet was off and he was shaking... almost in tears. He tells me that the can of Tri-Flon said it breaks corrosion and stops squeaks... so the dip-shid put it on his rotors to stop his brakes from squeaking.

Just one more thing not to put on your tires or rotors!
wow.gif
laugh.gif

Back