tire question??

Tire question here - didn't want to start a new thread...

Why doesn't ANYONE go with replacing the stock rear with that same stock tire?  It's a Bridgestone Battlax BT56R; pricey little guy...I'm thinking I'll go with that since my first Bridgestone's been so great (8300 miles)...I don't have twisties, I'm just an every day casual Busa rider.  Why shouldn't I get the same tire?  Any reasons I don't know about?

Inquiring minds want to know
smile.gif

rock.gif
Go with the M1's, you'll love them. Their P-spec is made just for the Busa and is the same width too. They do wear a touch faster but why not have the extra margin of safety/grip. Due to their belting design they warm up quicker and more evenly. They are cheaper than the factory replacements as well. I will never go back to the Battleaxes again.
smile.gif
justintime said EXACTLY what I was going to say. I do love the Metzeler's though.
bowdown.gif

smile.gif

Tire question here - didn't want to start a new thread...

Why doesn't ANYONE go with replacing the stock rear with that same stock tire?  It's a Bridgestone Battlax BT56R; pricey little guy...I'm thinking I'll go with that since my first Bridgestone's been so great (8300 miles)...I don't have twisties, I'm just an every day casual Busa rider.  Why shouldn't I get the same tire?  Any reasons I don't know about?

smile.gif

rock.gif
Go with the M1's, you'll love them. Their P-spec is made just for the Busa and is the same width too. They do wear a touch faster but why not have the extra margin of safety/grip. Due to their belting design they warm up quicker and more evenly. They are cheaper than the factory replacements as well. I will never go back to the Battleaxes again.
smile.gif
justintime said EXACTLY what I was going to say.  I do love the Metzeler's though.
bowdown.gif
Thanks Brian...I'll start looking at those...

You know, I'm just not the HARDCORE Busa rider that all of you guys are!
tounge.gif

smile.gif

I'm thinking I'll go with that since my first Bridgestone's been so great (8300 miles)...I don't have twisties, I'm just an every day casual Busa rider.  Why shouldn't I get the same tire?  Any reasons I don't know about?

smile.gif
Sounds like the Avon 45/46 might be your tire . They last pretty goodly it seems from what a guy I know with a XX tells me . Like over 6k miles of hi-speed Interstate along with some twisties .

Back