tire pressure reccomendations

cache

Banned
without me finding batteries for the flashlight that I can't find, can anybody off the top of their head tell me what the reccomended pressure setting is for the front tire, stock battleaxe? :super:

reason I ask is not only cuz i'm too lazy to check for myself... dayam cold weather...

I got tank filled 3 days ago.. while riding, felt like the front wanted to go its own dayam direction in slow turns... like the front was flat. Gas station attendant checked for me, said "30 psi", I thought that was okay. maybe too low tho. I will get un-lazy tomorrow and check. thx gents...

Your right there is a difference in the handling when the pressure is low...I've rode bikes before that ended up having like 7psi...Imagine how they felt when told they were way to low...

Depends on temp and elevation. 42psi front and back is ok. Down to 36 psi in Florida. 38-39 is best for straight roads and go with 42 on twists.

so at 30psi in the front at 40*F, feeling wierd in the front,,,,,, would you say its a bit too low for comfort??

39/f 42 /b i found that if you keep the tire pressure up your tires last longer, 4800miles on the bridgestone 012.

Yes I agree I keep mine up to 42 here in Connecticut and 38 in South Florida.

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcbeware/sportec.motml

"everything quickly settled back to normal as technicians on hand set the pressures at 32 psi front, 36 psi in the rear for the street portion of our ride."

If you go to Suzuki they will put what the tire vendor says.

If you ask this same question on Labusas or SH.org you will get different answers. I ran the manual spec for a while and it was a little hard in the turns. So now I run about what they say in the Metzler test above even though they used a 750. I started using what some of the older members use on SH.org and Labusas and ended up with what I like.

When all else fails use the manual pressures.

thankx everyone. Last ride, front was at 30psi and at slow speed turns, the bike wanted to turn on its own, like it was going flat. As soon as the weather quits threaghtening snow, I will bump it up 5psi, and go from there. thx again.!!! :D

The last year I had my V Max was almost the last time I owned anything.. One thing I did wrong was to slack off checking my tire air pressure. One fine day just down the road from my house as I was going around a curve I had the front tire break down. It was as bad as having a blow out I would guess (never had one on road bike thank God) The tire all but came off the rim and it was hell keeping from going down!!! All because I was lazy, the tires looked ok as I walked up to the bike. I guess with the slow loss of air I never saw any real change in the way the bike handled. With the busa now every few weeks I check the tires. :super:

The last year I had my V Max was almost the last time I owned anything..  One  thing I did wrong was to slack off checking my tire air pressure.  One fine day just down the road from my house as I was going around a curve I had the  front tire break down. It was as bad as having a blow out I would guess (never had one on road bike thank God) The tire all but came off the rim and it was hell keeping from going down!!!  All because I was lazy, the tires looked ok as I walked up to the bike.  I guess with the slow loss  of air I never saw any real change in the way the bike handled. With the busa now every few weeks I check the tires. :super:
Good reminder to all of us. Make the time to check every ride. :D

i used to run 42 front, 40 rear
but when ur ride real hard n ur tires get hot, that myt be a lil too high, so i now run 38 on both and the bike feels good. i'm going to track skewl in may, and i was told to run even lower pressures there.

Manual & Swingarm both say 42psi front & rear.

fireskull.gif

I keep a pressure guage under my seat to check at all times. Last check was 38 up front and 42 at the rear. Runs like a champ.

Brian

Back