tire pressure reccomendations

Moved on 27 August 2003...

I run Factory preasures... 42F 42R

I ride Katana 600, no 'Busa yet, but I think 40 - 42 is way too high. That sounds like maximum tire pressure that's written on the wall of a tire.

I would think it should be in the mid 30's.

BTW, on the track recommended pressure is 30 - 32 regardless of the bike.

I ride aggressively on the street, and keep it like 32 front/34 rear. Manual says 33 front/36 rear.

Someone pointed out a while ago that such high pressure in the manual could be just a liability issue that Suzuki doesn't want to deal with (if someone forgets to check the pressure and rides with too little pressure following tire failure). So, they recommend the highest possible number.

But, you won't get good traction/tire temp with 40 - 42.

<!--EDIT|IG.
Reason for Edit: "Damn! Just noticed it's pretty old thread."|1068594409 -->

I run the Factory specified pressures front and rear and I have noticed the bike handles a lot better. Lowering the pressures to much on the street and all your doing is creating a receipe for increased tire wear and some poor handling quirks. Especially on a heavier bike.
42 PSI is the recomended tire pressure front and rear for the Busa and I have found it to suit the bike perfectly.

I run mine 38/frt and 40/rear. You should always check the pressure before you ride. Let alone the tread.

A case of the come aparts in excess of one hundred miles per hour is not recommended for a good time.<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'></span>

<!--EDIT|fasttexan
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082745210 -->

In the Pridmore school, he told me to run 32-36 on the track. It heats up better and has a wider contact patch. But it really is a trade off between steering and traction. More pressure means better steering but less traction. he said to never go below 30PSI. And on the street 36 or above is better incase you hit a pothole to protect the wheel.

My first ride this year I didn't set the pressure right and ended up with 28 in the front. It got really squirrelly in some tight turns. I would agree to stay above 30PSI at all times.

I'am w/ SierraF. I like to run in the mid to upper 30psi range, I'll keep the rear about 3psi higher than the front.

firedevil.gif
just my .02

Back