Tire pressure on a Busa?

bjewell

Registered
I'm sure it is printed on the sidewalls, but I cannot see it. What is the tire pressure on stock rubber for my 07? It was last checked in September. Just got back to Sacramento, and I have ridden about 30 miles since.

Thanks!

Tq

supposed to be 42 both front/rear.

I run mine right around specs, anything lower than say 34-36 on my rear, starts to feel squirly

What is the tire pressure on stock rubber for my 07?  
eye-ch21-19.jpg

hijack.gif
don't mean to jack your thread..............But, does your wieght play into tire pressure ? Like would a 165 lbs. rider want his psi. (cold) the same as a 245 lbs. rider ?

I heard that the "magic #" was 4......If your psi was 36 cold, when it (tire) is hot your psi should be 40 hot, If it doesn't get at least 4 degrees warmer, you have too much pressure, and if it's more than 4 degrees than you don't have enough air pressure, is this true ??

hijack.gif
 don't mean to jack your thread..............But, does your wieght play into tire pressure ? Like would a 165 lbs. rider want his psi. (cold) the same as a 245 lbs. rider ?

I heard that the "magic #" was 4......If your psi was 36 cold, when it (tire) is hot your psi should be 40 hot, If it doesn't get at least 4 degrees warmer, you have too much pressure, and if it's more than 4 degrees than you don't have enough air pressure, is this true ??
42 pounds is for Max load.
winkold.gif

Rider, passenger, gear. 945 lbs total.
zzwhip.gif

Of course tire pressures should be adjusted accordingly.
umnik.gif

hijack.gif

I heard it as the 5lbs rule. It sounds reasonable, though I have never seen it documented, only repeated as folk lore. I'M NOT SAYING IT'S WRONG. Does it apply to Honda Rebels and GoldWings equally? Or is only applicaple to sport bikes? Does the rule hold for a quick street ride as well as a fast lap around Daytona? If some one has a link from a reputable source to validate the 5lbs rule that would be interesting.
And by "warmer by 4 degrees" I assume you mean the tire pressure has increased by 4 psi, not that you are carring around a thermometer and measuring your tires temprature.

cheers
ken

hijack.gif

I heard it as the 5lbs rule. It sounds reasonable, though I have never seen it documented, only repeated as folk lore. I'M NOT SAYING IT'S WRONG. Does it apply to Honda Rebels and GoldWings equally? Or is only applicaple to sport bikes? Does the rule hold for a quick street ride as well as a fast lap around Daytona? If some one has a link from a reputable source to validate the 5lbs rule that would be interesting.
And by "warmer by 4 degrees" I assume you mean the tire pressure has increased by 4 psi, not that you are carring around a thermometer and measuring your tires temprature.

cheers
ken
face7.gif
Yeah that's what I meant, maybe I should start reading what I write.....to buisy (sp?)looking at the keyboard, doing the 2 finger poke, LOL

33/34 front/rear cold here- but I weigh 165-170ish, and don't ride in a straight line very far at a time...
smile.gif

aside from the pressure (you should be able to drop a pound or 3 and get a bit better bite) but I am a believer that tires can die of age as much as tread depth.. on a bike?

I feel 1 season is about all I want to put on a set of tires..

I am not a chemist or tire engineer but sure seems the tires "harden" over the winter to me... could just be my imagination..

anyone else on this?

The specific answer has already been given a few time. But, in general, there's a decal on the left side if the swingarm that shows the recommended tire pressures for the stock tires. If you are not running the stock tires, check with the manufacturer for the recommended tire pressure for that tire on your bike. If they don't have one, use the stock pressures.

I have 50K miles on Busas. 42 psi is fine for hwy cruising. But it you do spirited riding that is kind of high. 36 is a good mid point. If you are really riding hard, 32 is goo. Lowest I ever has mine was about 30 on a track day and lower drag racing.... Do what feels right to you. But be caredful at 42 psi in spirited riding.

Back