Tire Pressure Quesiton

Saxoplay

Donating Member
Registered
I was just about to check and adjust my tire pressure when for some reason it occured to me that the weight of the bike probably has an affect on this. So, here's what I'm getting at....does it make any difference adjusting the pressure while the bike is up on stands (no weight on the tires) vs. not having it up on stands....if so, which is the proper way to do it? Sorry in advance if it's a stupid question!

I don't think the weight of the bike is going to make much difference. Maybe if you're racing on the track but not on the street.
And always check your pressure when the tires are cold.

Doesn't make enough of a difference to worry about
wink.gif

Checking on the stand or not doesn't make a difference, The proper way is both wheels on the ground and tires cold.

42 front and rear is the Max pressure. If I'm on a trip with baggs etc. I would probably be running somewhere close to that. However, for running the twisties I generally run either 32 front and rear, or 32 front and 34 rear. I running the pilots.

I would "guess" on the side stand since it'd be a 2 person job to check it with someone on the bike  
biggrin.gif

I don't think it'll make any difference.  Easy way to tell though.  Check it with someone holding the bike up, someone sitting on the bike, the bike on the side stand, and the bike on a rear stand/center stand.  Then you'll know for sure  
wink.gif

(300Busa @ Nov. 26 2006,21:10) does a 10 pound bag of rocks weigh more on the ground or in the air?
On the ground.

As you get higher and higher you weigh less and less. The strength of gravity's pull is dependant partly on how far you are from the source(Earth).
all_coholic.gif

(Copperone @ Nov. 25 2006,05:16) or 32 front and 34 rear.   I running the pilots.
Why do you run higher pressure in the rear than in the front?

If I'm on a trip carrying baggage I generally run a couple more pounds in the rear; other than that, I run 32 front and rear.

Back