Tire Pressure

Jester0769

Hayabusa Master
Donating Member
Registered
would anyone be interested in one of these???

tireAlert
Stranded on a lonely stretch of road with a flat tire, or losing control from a low tire - it can be avoided if the tires are inflated properly.

In the event that you have a puncture while riding, the Early Warning feature of tireAlert¢Ã¢ v2.0 is the edge that you need to avoid a catastrophe. In real life, total blowouts are very rare. They usually occur if the tire was under-inflated to begin with.

tireAlert¢Ã¢ v2.0 is a second generation advanced architecture of Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) designed to measure tire pressure by use of a totally passive wheel sensor and display the results to the dashboard display.

tireAlert¢Ã¢ v2.0 utilizes noise immune short range communication protocol based on Wideband Active SONAR. Measurements include:
¡Ã¡ Pressure
¡Ã¡ Temperature
¡Ã¡ Acceleration

systemOne¢Ã¢ software implementation allows for real time monitoring of tire pressures and the performance of the bike as you ride.

tireAlert Notes
¡Ã¡ Real-time sensing for each wheel revolution
¡Ã¡ Digital & graphic display of both tires
¡Ã¡ Programmable 2-Stage warning sequence
¡Ã¡ Performance data while you ride

If so, let me know.

Josh

The only problem would be the calibrated pressure. Alot of people run the standard 42 psi front and rear, but then there are some running as low as 30. If you could change the calibration that maybe a very smart investment.
beerchug.gif

it does show real time presure and you can set the system to alert at any pressure you want. Its totaly up to you where you want the setting set at.

Josh

also, the price depends on what system you want.

if you want just the screw on valve cap system that mounts the sensor and then gives you a 90 degree valve stem it runs 249.99

if you want full valve stem replacement the kit runs 299.99

I just became a dealer for the company that makes these kits and if we can get enough people wanting these I can get a price cut goin.

Josh

kinda confused. it says it has a valve cap screw type(tpm-20). but it also says it needs a short metal valve stem. hmmm.

This wont work on the rubber valve stem because adding anything that screws on will eventually damage the stem

So you would need to upgrade to the metal stems if you wanted the topper.

what I would like to do is get enough people that want one to be able to sell the full valve stem replacement system for the price of the screw on type.

Josh

I would like to hear from someone who has tried the system and can give the pros and cons. I thought about going with a system like that just for the heck of it, but I didn't want to waste the money if it didn't work out the way I wanted.

So Jester, try it out for us and give us an unbiased report, then maybe we can get some people lined up to purchase...

I'm always confused about the tire pressure for my bike- the tag on the frame says inflate to 42 psi, but the factory Bridgestones tell you not to go past 32 psi.. I tend to believe the tire instructions over the ones on the frame- right? wrong?

BF

(BUSAFETT @ Aug. 08 2007,18:50) I'm always confused about the tire pressure for my bike- the tag on the frame says inflate to 42 psi, but the factory Bridgestones tell you not to go past 32 psi..  I tend to believe the tire instructions over the ones on the frame- right?  wrong?  

BF
Always go by the vehicle sticker, in this case bike. But never exceed the pressure rating on the tire. Your Bridgestones should have a max pressure of 45.

just so you all know, I already have my unit on order. I should be seeing it by the end of this week or early next week.

After I get it mounted up I will be more than happy to let you all know what I think about the kit.

Thanks,
Josh

I wonder if it will monitor more than 2 tires? I guess my main concern would be reliability of the sending units in wet conditions.

At times something like that would be nice to have on my truck.

I like the $50 cheaper priced unit. Maybe if you get enough interest on the valve stem unit you can get it down to $200?

(stlbusarider @ Aug. 08 2007,22:59)
(BUSAFETT @ Aug. 08 2007,18:50) I'm always confused about the tire pressure for my bike- the tag on the frame says inflate to 42 psi, but the factory Bridgestones tell you not to go past 32 psi..  I tend to believe the tire instructions over the ones on the frame- right?  wrong?  

BF
Always go by the vehicle sticker, in this case bike. But never exceed the pressure rating on the tire. Your Bridgestones should have a max pressure of 45.
I could swear they say either 32 or 35 but will look tonight.. why do you guys always give me these updates when I'm at WORK!!
biggrin.gif

(xzvs @ Aug. 08 2007,21:53) whats wrong with the $10 ones that screw on and show green for ok and red for not?
I'd love to see you read those while your riding down the road at 80 mph...

Back