Tire age.

I have a Speedohealer on my ZX-14 and it has worked great for 11 years. My only complaint is that the inline connectors seemed a bit loose. I taped them up from the start and never had a problem. I've been in a couple massive downpours and no electrical problems but I'd suggest being careful about spraying the bike with a hose if you do that. You don't want to get those wires wet.

You can calculate your speedo error on the HealTech site. That worked perfectly for me and I use a larger diameter tire and a +4 tooth rear sprocket on that bike. Checked with GPS and it was accurate at least up to 90 mph.
Same here. Try riding with the flow of traffic, but like to believe in my gauges without having to do funky, on-the-fly math. Works well for that.

@2013hayabusabehre91 you sound young in age and new to the Busa game.If that's true,that is awesome. :thumbsup: I would have jumped at a Busa had they been around when I turned 16 (1980) instead I had to spend years riding "rolling turds." :laugh: All yer questions are most welcome.
Tires: Shi7 can the one's you have and get used to the fact you will consume many tires in the years to come. The purchase of your own tire machine is optional.
rofl.gif

Speedo healer: Save yer cash,spend it on something else. If you have "85" indicated but think you are actually doing "80"....perfect. Might save you some speeding tickets. Perhaps a jar with all your loose change should be started..."The Speeding Ticket" Fund. LOL.
The inaccuracy of the Hayabusa speedo is legendary and as been touched on a hundred times on this site for 20 years. Last time we sank our teeth in deep,got all "Mr. Science" on that krap.
Others may argue with me...but you will NEVER get an' accurate reading of speed until someone invents a speedometer that gets a reading taken by forward facing radar.Not even GPS is 100% accurate. If interested...Some light reading
:welcome: to the party. (Cali rider eh) Here's me being jealous...
cursin.gif

I live in Canada,
Rubb.

Hey is a speedo healer worth it? I have stock gearing but when I’m going 85 I’m really going 80.

yes if the speedo shows a lot less than a gps tells you - that could be dangerous if your bike is ridden by another one who doesn´t know.

if the speedo shows a lot more than a gps tells you - that makes a little sense because you usually wanna - aproximately or exactly - know how fast you are - you should i guess use a healer.

if you have a gps monitor on board you need no more the speedo.

little picturaly example:
what is more important to know how many hours / days i will need to reach my destination ?
to know how fast a boot is in water
or
how fast the same boat is over ground?

@2013hayabusabehre91 you sound young in age and new to the Busa game.If that's true,that is awesome. :thumbsup: I would have jumped at a Busa had they been around when I turned 16 (1980) instead I had to spend years riding "rolling turds." :laugh: All yer questions are most welcome.
Tires: Shi7 can the one's you have and get used to the fact you will consume many tires in the years to come. The purchase of your own tire machine is optional.View attachment 1624378
Speedo healer: Save yer cash,spend it on something else. If you have "85" indicated but think you are actually doing "80"....perfect. Might save you some speeding tickets. Perhaps a jar with all your loose change should be started..."The Speeding Ticket" Fund. LOL.
The inaccuracy of the Hayabusa speedo is legendary and as been touched on a hundred times on this site for 20 years. Last time we sank our teeth in deep,got all "Mr. Science" on that krap.
Others may argue with me...but you will NEVER get an' accurate reading of speed until someone invents a speedometer that gets a reading taken by forward facing radar.Not even GPS is 100% accurate. If interested...Some light reading
:welcome: to the party. (Cali rider eh) Here's me being jealous...View attachment 1624379
I live in Canada,
Rubb.
Someone was saying that it will show more miles though if the speedometer is off?

Someone was saying that it will show more miles though if the speedometer is off?
The jury is still out on that one but.....Speed measurement is collected off a sensor at the countershaft sprocket,which as far as I know is the only sensor on a Busa collecting the necessary data to transmit to the gauge cluster re speed/distance traveled.
I like your thought. Have we all bought/sold Busa's with fraudulent odometer readings listed
eye brow.gif

Rubb.

I have run slicks for cold weather
and no tire warmers
on the street twice .

No problems ,
just do not get
caught in rain
and do not get
caught by the
police . . .

They do not last long either .

:race:
1596673974829.png

It's a nice bike, just saying, people don't pay much d=for a used bike unless it's got less than 10,000 miles. Get a Speedohealer at 10,000 then.

Or set it so your actual speed is 50% of indicated. Then your odometer will read half the miles you actually put on the bike.

(...) Have we all bought/sold Busa's with fraudulent odometer readings listed

more or less - yes, in deed ;)

i guess that all standard speedos show more mph (around + 5%) than in real the vehicle (bike) does
and by that the odo counts more miles than in reality the vehicle (bike) did.

if you control the shown speed by gps-monitor
with a 190/50 and a 190/55
the speedo´s speed differs up to 5-8 km per hour less (at my ´00 for instance)
will say the rear 190/55 tire´s dia is a bit bigger than the 190/50 and the the speedo shows less speed
(and the odo counts less milage)

my ´00 busa´s speedo now shows with the 190/55 nearly the same speed like my gps till ca. 100 km per hour (65 mph) shows
difference is lower than 2-3 km p. h.
with the 190/50 the diff. is around 7-10 km per hour

we here call this a "hurry / rush ahead"
and it is dictated by law for all! street vehicles, no matter if it was a tractor, car, van, truck or big lorry, at least here in germany (and i guess also in entire european area)

I know the Hayabusa resell value is non existent lol
An old ZX-14....forget it. I don't know it might depend on your location too. My Texas Buddy is confident that he would be able to sell his six sportbikes for 8000 a piece because they all have under 20k miles. I'm sure that wouldn't matter where I live. Nobody wants a sportbike. If I wanted to sell my 08 Hayabusa with 15k miles in Milwaukee, I thik I'd need to let it go for $2000 unless I was willing to wait a long time.

An old ZX-14....forget it. I don't know it might depend on your location too. My Texas Buddy is confident that he would be able to sell his six sportbikes for 8000 a piece because they all have under 20k miles. I'm sure that wouldn't matter where I live. Nobody wants a sportbike. If I wanted to sell my 08 Hayabusa with 15k miles in Milwaukee, I thik I'd need to let it go for $2000 unless I was willing to wait a long time.
Since I’m in California I’ve never had a problem selling bikes. What helps is that there are a few shops that put your bike on consignment for 500 bucks.

Back