time to spew forth your relationship knowledge

comin right up.....be gentle, though. That's me before plastic surgery.

WWJD...I'm workin on the bikini. I usually prefer toally liberated, but you know the rules here.

breenabusa032_2Ejpg.jpg

Ok, a plethera of questions.  I know there's 3 women on here and hoping they will reply, mostly because guys are all idiots and we all know it [I'm a guy, I know].  I'm confident in what I know and have no problems relating to the better sex, but peoples perspectives on these sorts of topics are always intersting.  This is mostly for entertainment value so throw in your thoughts, experiences and opinions.

1)  GENERALLY, do women prefer a clean shaven face or a bearded or scruffy one?  I won't taint the responses until later

2)  Why do women continuously go into bars to 'meet' people [read guys] only to constantly complain about the 'type' of people they meet??  Like, duh... go to the same type of place = meet same type of people

3)  If bars are just funs places to hang out, why don't women still go there after they find someone and get married?  Is the whole bar thang simply mate selection and capture?  I don't want to STOP dancing after I get married, especially if that was common ground when we met

4)  How often do women work extra hard to be seen in everyday situations?  Do you stage "chance" meetings and alter your path or direction to ensure a meeting accident?  Guys do this all the time but we are not allowed to tell you about it... secret covenant thing [but no silly hats involved]
WWJD...all I keep thinking while reading your story is that women are just damn hard to understand...

They like every kind of guy...clean shaven, scruffy and rough around the edges...you could have struck up conversation with "Kirsten" and had it either go great or she'd give you the look of "WTF?" Women like attention from men, always...we usually prefer good attention, meaning a guy is kind and respectful, yet can show he's interested, and we also like (though most won't admit it) "bad" attention, meaning you walk past a group of guys and they cat call...sure, it's pathetic, but it's attention nonetheless...

I wouldn't hurt yourself wondering if you blew it or not because you could just as easily be sitting here telling us all that you thought you found your soul mate at the check out counter, but she ended up kicking you in the parking lot because you were following her around and she felt threatened!
wink.gif

Guys aren't idiots...guys do odd and pathetic things in the name of attraction, but I kind of feel sorry for you guys at times because women (and ladies, feel free to disagree with me if you'd like) are difficult to read and understand...hell, I'm still trying to figure myself out and I think I'll just give up before I discover the secret to how my mind works...

Your questions...
1) It's truly different for every woman...you can't decisively say that women generally like certain things on a guy or not, like facial hair...myself, I prefer the guy with it over the clean shaven guys, but that's just me...

2) I'm only speculating on this one because I've been with the same guy since I was 15 (really); I'm not really the gal that ended up in a bar looking for someone...my guess is that bars are the best place to meet people from all walks of life. Women probably complain about the guys they find in a bar simply because they (mistakenly) think their soul mate could be in there (yeah, that guy drinking shots of tequila with friends and being loud?)...she usually finds out that those guys aren't looking for the same; they're just having a good time and as always, a great time ends in some hotel with the girl you picked up
tounge.gif
Two people, same place, different plans for why they're there...

3) Hanging out in bars after you're married isn't as fun for some reason...either you're out with girlfriends for a "girls' night out" and you can't mix it up with strangers like you used to because you're wearing that ring, or you're there with your hubby and suddenly the entire scene just isn't fun anymore...you're lives are so entwined with the house, cars, finances and kids...bar hopping loses it's appeal, as does partying around a bunch of singletons...you slowly turn toward quiet evenings at home, maybe a beer or two, then eventually, you both become alcoholics and can't hold jobs...okay, not really...

4) Very interesting that you bring this up because I do believe women put themselves in situations to open up conversation with guys...they might not be looking for a lasting thing, but some quick "hey, he noticed me and I needed that kind of attention today" is always welcome...I'd bet that she did go back in there to give you a second chance...she probably didn't think it would be life altering, but flirting with a guy can be as much of a game for women as it is for men...single women do it; married women do it...just like you guys...

Oh, and for the record WWJD...you didn't spill the beans on anything women already didn't know...I guess there's a secret hand shake if not a silly hat, but women know you guys play games all of the time to put yourselves in situations with women...
biggrin.gif

Good stuff, VA! I thought you'd have some great female ideas about that stuff. So are you the ONLY female on here or what?? The whole bar thing just annoys me.... it's like if I met someone who loved riding my Hayabusa, and then after we get married I sell it. What the...
rock.gif
Be who you are and enjoy being that way! Dance like no one is watching.

Something weird is telling me I will see 'Kirsten' again soon... and I ALWAYS listen to those little voices in my head.

Oh, and about the dressing up stuff... physical attraction is STILL an important part for girls. Especially in this materialistic, superficial neck of the woods. West Des Moines is the Scotsdale, LA, Milan of Central Iowa. I enjoy how women want both of everything: the clean cut GQ night out guy AND the grimey, sweaty, wrench-wielding garage monkey. Is that like a guy who wants both Popeye's Olive Oil AND Pamela Anderson in one girl? Like THAT's gonna happen. Okay, before everyone calls me a pig, the girl INSIDE is what makes the beauty outside even greater and I absolutely believe that. Women rock!
Jeez, this thread died quicker than Christ in The Passion. Maybe if I sneak God into it somehow... OH I already did! HA!
Okay... medication is wearing off and I'm going to bed

Here I go posting late again cause I spent the weekend in beautiful, romanic (expensive!) Sedona with my wife.

It's easy to preach here cause I'm married (3rd times the charm!)

In order:

In my experience some women like facial hair, some don't.  My wife met me (Actually rescued me when my car wouldn't start at the school where I teach auto shop, ironic ain't it?) when I had a full beard.  Turns out she hates facial hair.  I'm clean shaven now (and probably always will be)

Some people like bars and some don't.  (BTW - That's a period)

See above for answer to the next question.

Women are just like men only with internal genitailia.  They are as insecure and silly as we are.  The main differences are:
- They can look at a guy in a flash and rarely get caught, we oggle.
- They are more flexible and have a higher pain threshold.
- They are better at spatial relationships and just as messed up at interpersonal relationships.
- For any given age, they have just as much mental baggage as we do.  The trick is to find one who does not let it affect her life too much.
- They like sex as much as we do and enjoy it more.

The biggest difference and the ones that mean the most to us is,

<marquee><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>The women got all the pooty and we don't!</span></marquee>

Any more questions?

Back